FW16 Batch 17 Guild

whats wrong with the windows key?

Iā€™m British so donā€™t really want an ANSI layout

Welcome to the club! We should start getting the batch preparation emails in about a week.

1 Like

Should be a bit sooner surely, given batch 16 was already 3 days ago?

Batch 16 charged

1 Like

Batch 17 just got my preparing email! Itā€™s happening!! :exploding_head:

Got my email too! Itā€™s happening!

ITā€™S HAPPENING ITā€™S HAPPENING

3 Likes

Nice! Iā€™m waiting, and this is the first time ever Iā€™m excited to get charged lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wahoo

Office GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

4 Likes

Got my batch preparation email! Iā€™m so excited! This was sooner than Iā€™d expected, but Iā€™ve never been so happy to be told ā€œwe are charging you Ā£xxxxā€ hahaha. My poor 7-year-old laptop is truly on its last legs.

There goes my life savings o7

3 Likes

Mine too, my old Lenovo Yoga 920 I bought in 2018 has two broken fans, a broken touchscreen and the screen itself is cracked. Itā€™s about time.

Iā€™m on a 10 year old Asus laptop, a lot of the parts in here arenā€™t original but it still mostly works (as long as itā€™s connected to power at all timesā€¦)

2 Likes

And I thought my five-year-old Thinkpad was pushing it. :roll_eyes: It does still work, just significantly more slowly than the Framework should.

2 Likes

Mineā€™s preparing for takeoff as I casually browse the web. Iā€™ve heard not wonderful things about the FW16 fans, but at least it will be able to do something with all that cooling, and it still has support unlike the ā€œthrow it in the bin with the other 17 we released that yearā€ Dell I have.

Also just received my preparation e-mailā˜ŗ

(My old 13years dell inspiron did not survive this FW16 waiting periodā€¦ only my smartphone remains for writing message)

1 Like

emails are going out ???

1 Like

There are very few emails in ones inbox that brings this much joy! :wink: @arthomnix