FW16 Batch 17 Guild

Arise my fellow Batch 17ers as we greet another day to wait for the almighty bank charge! May you be blessed by the burden of $2-3k being lifted from your accounts!

9 Likes

I was kinda surprised not to have been charged on the 21st, but Iā€™m glad this thread exists so I know Iā€™m not the only one. Looking forward to running NixOS on this machine (with the https://lix.systems fork of the nix binary). Encouraged to see an entry in nix-hardware for the FW16 already: nixos-hardware/framework/16-inch at master Ā· NixOS/nixos-hardware Ā· GitHub

2 Likes

Oddly, Refreshing my bank app throughout the day has not caused the charge to go through.

2 Likes

Probably easier to just refresh your Framework account and check if the remaining amount due says 0

I havenā€™t been checking that often, so the fingerprint login to my bank app is quicker than signing into to Framework since it logs you out fairly quickly.

I have a pending charge from Framework! Woo more waiting but we are moving forwardā€¦

Just got charged myself! :man_dancing:

2 Likes

Letā€™s goooooo
letsgo-lets

4 Likes

:tada:

2 Likes

:rocket:
Go go go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FUCK YEAH I got charged too

1 Like

Mine is pending as well!

1 Like

I learned 3 days ago that Australianā€™s have had their orders delayed by 3 weeks.

Understandable, but it would have been nice to learn that from an email rather than by chance. If I had not randomly stumbled upon that I would be furious.

If there are any Framework staff read this thread I would suggest ensuring that in the future that this is communicated properly to all people affected. I only discovered this after checking my order from the ā€˜your batch is readyā€™ email. If Framework was a larger company this would be a trust destroying mistake.

1 Like

No email, but I got charged! Woohoo!

Same. I assume the email will go out later today when the pending charge goes through. Itā€™s likely in the queue already waiting on that.

I got charged an hour ago after I confirmed my payment method a second time (used GiroPay). Now Iā€™m waiting (patiently) for the next email and the shippment.

I just got charged an hour ago as well! Now the wait for shipping and delivery.

3 Likes

Oups, not that straightforward for meā€¦

Received a worrying mail one hour ago saying ā€œimpossible to process your orderā€ (litteraly written in french, my language).

The payment was first failed despite all looked good from my bank account and credit card. Fortunately, there was a link in the mail to directly process the payment. I followed and enter my credit card numbers againā€¦(usually, I never click these links in mail, but for my FW16,ā€¦ I run the riskšŸ˜ƒ).

And now, itā€™s all right, I just checked my framework account, it mentions that 0ā‚¬ remains to pay.

So, I am done with paymentā€¦ ready for the next stepšŸ˜Š

Glad it got straightened out quickly.

1 Like