FW16 Batch 19 Guild

we are amongst the last batch preorders for the fw16
preorder gang :fist:

1 Like

Curious how many people either cancel or don’t go through with payment when each batch email comes. If a large enough percent of orders in the past few batches were canceled, it might explain the intervals between batches dropping consistently to 1 week, to coincide with the timeout of people not responding to the email. :man_shrugging:

I’m curious about this too, is this info public?

I know at least one person canceled, and I can assume at least several more per batch.

"…we’re on our way to utilizing full manufacturing capacity. We’re currently aiming for an approximately 5 day cadence between sending out “preparing your batch” emails from batch to batch, with a goal to speed that up to 4 days as we reach peak factory output. "

this is from an email that was sent to the people with Framework Laptop 16 pre-orders back in March.

2 Likes

Batch 18 got prep email

2 Likes

It’s almost our time guys. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after we will be getting our emails. I can not wait! Especially since my current laptop is being a pain in the rear end.

1 Like

I know, so excited! I’ve checked my email ~ 1,000 times today lol

Amazon Cart is ready to go with memory and storage!!

Is anyone immediately filling the secondary storage (M.2 2230)?

1 Like

I’m starting with a Sk Hynix platinum p41 2TB drive for the 2280, and if I fill that up I’ll get a 2230 drive. What RAM are you going with?

Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600 kit from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLTDRRLF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

For Storage, the WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7CMZ3QH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

1 Like

the secondary storage is the only one ive actually bought so far lol (there was a price drop a couple weeks ago on the one i wanted so i grabbed one while i could)

ill buy the 2280 early as well if theres any significant price drops, but for the moment i think ill just be buying it when the cards get charged (basically last opportunity before the laptops start arriving)

judging by the batch-batch deltas on the batch shipment chart graph, i think we should definitely see our emails coming today (havent checked my email this morning yet, it could have been sent while i was asleep)

2 Likes

I picked up the Corsair MP600 2TB,

i got a crucial 64gb 5600mhz kit for $150 usd on ebay and a sn770 2tb for $80 usd also on ebay maybe a month ago…
just need the laptop now, i havent even tested the parts :joy:

i have an m.2 to usb enclosure ive been using to test the storage drives, as for the ram i havent been able to test that, im just hoping that my laptop arrives before the return window is up in case anything might happen (its like 3 weeks away so im probably fine, ive got more pressing matters if it takes that long to arrive lol)

the enclosure ive been using is just some random one off ebay that cost me a tenner. id recommend having a drive you know works already on hand if youre doing that, just in case its the enclosure that doesnt work

laptop-wise i think we realistically should be getting prep emails today. it would be an unusually long time between batches if we got it tomorrow or later…

Howdy! I think I’m going to go with 32gb of the G.skill part listed in the supported memory. I normally don’t care too much about making sure I use “supported” memory (no manufacturer can test every module on the market), but I noticed some people were having issues with their modules so I’m not going to take the chance.
I will probably go with a 990 PRO 4tb and MAY get something a lot cheaper for the 2230 to dual-boot Linux. However, I noticed at least one person who dual-boots the 16 saying that the fingerprint reader seems to only work in one installation or the other (not both).

Still nothing… Hoping I get the email soon!

Does anyone think there’s a chance we get the new webcam module (2nd gen)? It is still marked as pre-order on the website ( Framework | Webcam Module) but then again, so is the Framework 16!

whats the difference between first and second gen?

Just got my prep email!

3 Likes