My prep email just came in too!

2 Likes

Just got my email!!

1 Like

Same here​:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Woooooooo! its time!

1 Like

just got mine! never been this excited for an email!

1 Like

It’s time!!! Let’s gooo!!!

1 Like

WOOOO Got mine too

1 Like

Mariah Carey Its Time GIF - Mariah Carey Its Time Christmas - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

I JUST GOT MY EMAIL! I’m so excited.

2 Likes

The new webcam bins down from 4K, and has better mics. They talk about it in today’s blog post: Framework | Introducing the new Framework Laptop 13 with Intel Core

Like the new display, we developed the new webcam with a focus on improving real world usage. Instead of running the new Omnivision 9.2MP image sensor at its native resolution, we use a mode that groups each set of four subpixels together into large, high-sensitivity pixels, much like modern smartphone cameras do. This means we get amazing 1080p performance, especially in low-light conditions. We’ve also moved to lower-noise microphones for better audio clarity.

2 Likes

oooo theyre also releasing various colours of usb-c expansion card. shame they probably wont release before our batch ships, would have liked to add one to my order

3 Likes

Prep e-mail: received!

its-happening-3199764030

4 Likes

Wooooooooo!

3 Likes

I take a nap, and of course the email comes in during that! But yea, I got the prep email as well.

1 Like

Got my prep email

Interesting conversation piece. We got our prep email for batch 19, but if you go to order today. Looks like if you buy into batch 21, it ships within 30 days, however batch 16 doesn’t even report as shipped.

i think they only mark batches as shipped once all laptops have arrived, ive seen in another thread that batch 18 people have theirs with an eta of about 4-5 days from now, but some people in batch 16 could be stuck in customs

we’re getting roughly one batch shipped (as in sent off by framework) every week or so, so its more than possible for batch 21 to ship next month, but whether or not they arrive in june is a separate thing

2 Likes

Also, shipments to Australia have ~ 2 weeks of delay, so that probably plays a big part in it.

Are we expecting the cards to be charged today/tomorrow for this batch? I’ve also heard of some insane fast shipping times for some people (2 days from charge date). Curious when the charge will actually happen.

im predicting tomorrow or the day after for card charges. shipping time is really dependant on your location. if youre in taiwan, for instance, youll get it very quickly as its the same country. even then theres still some chance playing into it, as someone in the us in batch 18 had theirs spend barely any time in customs, because it got there before others. though i think a less complex order might play into that? if youre getting a very barebones config then itll be prepared faster and therefore shipped faster, and if youre getting all the bells and whistles (say, both expansion bay modules, multiple input modules/spacers, extra expansion cards, etc.) itll take longer to get it shipped out

2 Likes