FW16 Batch 19 Guild

Based on the spreadsheet, the cards should be charged either today or tomorrow, but obviously that is not a guarantee from Framework. I’ve got my fingers crossed!

Edit: appears I was reading the chart wrong, the comment above is probably more correct. (That the cards will be charged tomorrow or the next day)

1 Like

I hope its soon, Im really excited to get mine.

1 Like

pretty sure all the fastest shipping times were laptops sent to parts of the US

1 Like

Fingers crossed we get charged tomorrow!

1 Like

I’ve never looked forward to having a large payment charged to my card like this before

4 Likes

how is it ideal for Linux? I depend on Microsoft accounts from work as well as personal, as well as other software built for Windows (eg Adobe products). Do use those or other Windows programs, or recommend a way to run dual OS’s?

I can’t believe how small my 2 TB drive is. I got the Western Digital PC SN740 NVMe SSD.

It doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t good for Windows. It’s just that when you’re looking only at using Linux and nothing else, Linux would work better on this than other computers because of all the reasons discussed.

because of the amount of support framework provides for linux oses

Hey Batch 19 - I got my email a few days ago!!!

I’m looking for recos to replace my Teracube after their promised four years. I got no replies to an attempted revival of a cell phone thread, so flagging it in this more active group.

Would make most sense to reply at above link but this is what I wrote there:

I don’t love the need for overseas parts and support for Fairphone, lack of availability of 5, and that specs are designated only with EU users in mind. I am between that, the Nokia G-22, which gets higher than average repair ratings… or the Samsung Galaxy A54 5G. Have others been using Fairphone 4? How many years might I get out of that if I purchased now? What phone could continue to be a decent phone for longer?

Toggling scores and years on this ifixit sheet doesn’t show too many other options (thus the G22)…

accounts.google.com

Google Sheets: Sign-in

Access Google Sheets with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Samsung A5 doesn’t appear above but it takes time for users to use and add info. This link says that components are replaceable and it’s guaranteed for five years.

This thread overlaps with Phone recommendations that follow a Framework ethos - #8 by Mlaps but this one was a little more recent.

Ah, thank you @Yul_Park

Okay, thanks @Guest26, I’ll look for that discussion/

1 Like

@Heather_E, please keep this thread on-topic. It’s unfortunate that the other thread got no responses, hopefully people see it and comment there. But not here, please.

1 Like

Thank you Fraoch, it is off-topic. I did post a link for replies there, and the exchange can further the broader goals of the Framework community.

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Got my card charged

4 Likes

my card got charged

3 Likes

well at least i didnt have to keep checking my card to know id been charged, my bank just called me lol

i wonder when we get the tracking info

1 Like

Yeayyy same here, got charged. Just needed manual information as my bank rejected first payment. Hope it won’t affect shipping time

Card Charged!! LETS GOOOOOO