FW16 Batch 2 Guild

This is very helpful feedback on the comparison of your experience between Ubuntu 22.04 and Fedora 39.

Do you have any other examples of the difference in performance from your usage? What about hardware like the fingerprint scanner? What is the battery life like in your experience between the two?

1 Like

I missed mine today it was scheduled for Monday.

As it now will be.

1 Like

Fingerprint reader setup was a non-issue; it just worked. Something I need to configure is disabling it for sudo - I prefer my pw in that situation.

Performance wise I noticed something was wrong with Ubuntu when loading pages in Firefox. YouTube in particular took about 5 seconds to render everything and that is when I started thinking something was not right.

Can’t really speak to regular usage battery life. I’ve been running in balanced power mode, 1.5h uptime and at 86% usage. Just regular web browsing. Brightness ~25%.

2 Likes

some of us will convert to linux shortly

1 Like

Hey, new here and i’m on batch 2 too, for my info, have you received 2 mails like “We are preparing” and “Please Pay” ? or only 1 mail that was “We are preparing” because i received this one on 13th too but no news since then.

1 Like

Do you have any special modules in your order like the Linux keyboard, macropad, blank keyboard etc.?
If you do, then it’s going to take a bit longer since those are delayed, people from batch 1 received an E-Mail about it.

I personally have also not been charged, since I have the blank ANSI keyboard in my order.

2 Likes

Oh i see, it could be it because i commanded a french keyboard.

1 Like

I have only received the one email even though I don’t have any of the delayed parts.

and the 3.5mm audio jack added on later.

2 Likes

The laptop is in my possession!

8 Likes

Same here. No updates, no charge, no back ordered parts:

Order Summary

Ryzen™ 7 7840HS - Radeon™ RX 7700S - 180W Power Adapter

• System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS

• Memory: DDR5-5600 - 64GB (2 x 32GB)

Expansion Bay System

• Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)

• Expansion Bay: Expansion Bay Shell

Customization

• Spacer: Black

• Spacer: Black

• Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black

• Keyboard: US English

• Power Adapter Region: US / CA

Expansion Cards

• USB-C – USB-C Expansion Card

• USB-A

• Extra Medium Input Module: Numpad Module

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen… :grin:

1 Like

I had a pretty standard config (at least I think, screenshot attached so you be the judge) and just got charged last night. Won’t be long now!

2 Likes

Lucky.

1 Like

10 Likes

Has anyone in batch 2 with one of the delayed components either gotten a shipment notice or gotten any communication from Framework? It appears that some folks in batch 1 got a notice of the delay and the option to switch components.

David

1 Like

I have sent support an e-mail. They’ve told me that batch 2 will ship within the window they specified in the e-mail. They are getting the parts on March 4th

2 Likes

That seems ambitious if they’re only getting the parts in on March 4. The batch 2 e-mail was on the 13th, stating shipments are expected between 4 and 21 days. Assuming they ship all the non-delayed part laptops before that time, that would mean they could dedicate the 4th and 5th to people with delayed parts, so it’s not impossible, I suppose.

That would certainly be a pleasant surprise, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that slips.

3 Likes

I have finally been charged… now I can stop checking the orders page/my bank every couple of hours. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was also charged yesterday and I’ve just received the shipping email.
I’m litterally like a kid waiting for Christmas gifts.

2 Likes

I received the shipping email at 5:46 this morning. I still have not received the “you have been charged” email despite the fact that my bank shows me being charged. The tracking details says that it is running late and has no estimated delivery date.

1 Like