FW16 Batch 20 Guild

Somehow my laptop has booted. I managed to get into the BIOS once and now the keyboard does not work at all. Kinda getting tired of this

Its here!!! Doing the build via video stream with my son, as he may be the next client

1 Like

Fedex wrote yesterday that I wasnā€™t there when they wanted to deliverā€¦ we were sitting at the table having lunchā€¦ no ringing, nothingā€¦ very bad service from Fedexā€¦
today next try
ā€¦

itā€™s here :smiley:

DIY assembled! Iā€™m amazed by how clear and easy the assembly guide was.

2 Likes

Same. The only issue I have is that Iā€™m struggling to get my secondary storage up and running in linux (fedora). For some reason it keeps telling me itā€™s 100% full.

Guess Iā€™ll just keep looking for answers.

Thatā€™s not an issue Iā€™ve run into before so Iā€™m just guessing, but do you need to format the secondary drive first?

1 Like

I actually had something similar happen to me with UPS once. I actually managed to find the truck my package was on elsewhere in the neighborhood and, as it turned out, the driver had actually gone down the wrong cul-de-sac. Doesnā€™t happen often, but it does happen. Glad to hear you finally got it delivered though!

ChatGPT told me the same so Iā€™ve been trying that. This is my first time even touching linux so itā€™s an adventure figuring this all out! Thanks for the advice anyways.

1 Like

permissions maybe? Or did you mount it read-only?

I did have to format it and figure out where the directory for it was. I donā€™t know why it gave me that weird message but formatting it solved the problem.

Mine comes yesterday. I install Windows 10 and fedora 40 (dual boot).
The only surprise - win 10 remove framework windows drivers from the flash drive without any notifications, so you need to disable protection before drivers install (by the way win 11 framework drivers bundle works just fine with win 10)

Finally! I am Home and build my Framework :slight_smile:

8 Likes

okay, i really like the FL16. Its the highest Quality Laptop for Windows i ever owned. I Replaced the Mediatek Wifi Card from the Get Go and installed the Intel Killer 1675 nonvpro as there had been many Reviews of Problems with the Mediatek one. 2x32GB Kingston Fury, Sabrent Rocket 2230 and WD SN850x.
The Sabrent had my OS installed as i removed it from my Legion GO. Worked fine after initial Setup. Only The Snapping of the Keyboard was a little wonky. The Spacers fit really good. only the upper outside Edge was protruding, a little bendy Action helped there.
So Far im Happy. Have to try my eGPU RX6800xt next :slight_smile:

One Con i have right now, that the Fan Logic isnt to my liking, im in balanced Preset as recommended. I know a 100C is designated for the CPU, but i think i will try to edit, the TJMax :wink:

1 Like

Okay, the FL16 performs mighty fine with the ADT-Link UT3G USB4 eGPU Adapter. I Scored 11th Place on Timespy with the R7 7840HS + RX6800XT Combo B-)

The Higher Scores look like they are using Oculink instead of an USB4 eGPU as they run lower GPU Clocks with higher GPU Scores.

1 Like

Nice one! Looking forward to getting my FW16 Ryzen 9 setup with Oculink 8i & my RX6800XT.

Tempted to try out my RX6800XT in my Razer Core X Chroma this week to see what it gets. Iā€™ll definately be moving on the Razer Core X Chroma once I get my Oculink setup sorted.

Which drivers were you using for this as well? Full install?

hows everyones laptops been treating them. trying to see if anyone had any issues

i will start
one of my gpu fans sounds funky like thereā€™s something rattling around i opened it up and saw noting so im gonna use it until it happens again :3

another issue i had was that my 2 tb nvme drive was corrupted so i simply re formatted it

How do you plan to connect the Oculink Adapter to the FW16? Without Hacksawing your Device impossible.

Just plain Standard AMD Adrenaline 24.5.1

1 Like

Plan on getting Josh_Cookā€™s OcuLink Expansion Bay Module from here.

Nice, I think I need to uninstall & reinstall with the full Adrenaline suite, I did driver only & wouldnā€™t let me post score to leaderboards.