FW16 Batch 20 Guild

Saw that there was no Batch 20 Guild yet, so I took it upon myself to start the thread.

Where all my Batch 20 fellas at?

8 Likes

Not batch 20, but here is the forecast for batch 20:

6 Likes

Batch 20 here as well.
No GPU
Clear RGB KB + RGB Macropad
plan on trying Linux for the first time and buying my own NVME storage and 2x 16gb crucial memory
plan on playing lots of Factorio

4 Likes

Batch 20 as well.

• GPU
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Ryzen 7
  • No SSD
  • Graphics module

I’m relentlessly watching reviews and have mixed feelings about it.

I want to sell my current work horse, a Dell Inspiron 7630 with a RTX 4060, an i7-13700H and 32 GB RAm for it. Money whise not a good deal at all since the FW16 will perform slightly worse, but the point which let me pull the trigger is the peace of mind.

Fan breaks? Just buy another one. Since the Dell inspiron is more a consumer oriented product, I don’t think that it will be that easy to find parts for it.

2 Likes

Batch 20 also,

• GPU module
  • 32 GB ram
  • Ryzen 7
  • Both SSDs
  • Numpad
    Plan on dual booting Win/Fedora. Main purpose is coding on Linux. I love the idea of being able to upgrade/repair, also hoping parts will be around for a while. Current laptop battery is dying and cannot get any OEMs to work and its only 4 years old.
1 Like

Put my deposit down the 10th. Very excited

1 Like

Leaving my config here for posterity:

• Ryzen 7 7840HS
  • G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5 2x32GB 5600MT/s CL40 (BYO)
  • Radeon RX 7700S Graphics Module + Expansion Bay Shell
  • TeamGroup MP44L 2TB (BYO)
  • US English
  • Numpad
  • Black Bezel
  • Expansion Cards:
  • 3x USB-A
  • 2x USB-C
  • HDMI
  • Audio
  • Framework 180W USB-C Power Adapter (US/CA Plug)

Really excited for this, hopefully it comes sooner rather than later

1 Like

I been looking at getting a Framework laptop of a little while now and saw on the website batch 20 is supposed to ship Q2. What do people think is the likely hood that will happen? Is July or August a reasonable expectation? Thanks!

Well, judging from the Batch Shipment Chart thread, the trends suggest Batch 20 would be getting their orders fulfilled in early to mid June.

2 Likes

Batch 20 here, I’ve been eyeing up a Framework laptop for a long time, the Framework 16 was what tipped me over the edge. I don’t tend to use laptops as much as I have a full desktop for gaming/work, but it’d be nice to have something for traveling around with. At the moment I just use my Steam Deck, but I wanted to be able to do some electronics design/programming as well as light gaming on the go.

For the specs I went with:

• 7840HS
  • GPU module

I’m bringing my own OS, RAM and SSDs. I’ve gone for 32GB (2x16) RAM with a 4TB main SSD and a 1TB secondary. The second drive will be a Linux partition for work (probably openSUSE Tumbleweed), then the main drive will be dual booted with Windows & openSUSE Tumbleweed for personal use.

I’ll also be designing my own input modules as well, maybe an FPGA/microcontroller card with some PMOD connectors if they’ll fit. I may try a custom expansion module design at some point, the PCIe x8 really opens up a lot of possibilities.

2 Likes

it currently says June.

2 Likes