FW16 Batch 3 Guild

Around 15:00 CST, which I just checked is 5:00 in Taiwan time on Friday. So you were probably right :sweat_smile:

You will most likely get it by Friday if it’s shipped on Monday. Mine was shipped on Friday but it’s stuck in China for now, after apparently arriving in Paris.

I think the laptops is already register to be cleared by customs before hand or something like that. Mine is also stuck in China (as a batch 1)

I had assumed that to be the case as well, but then I was wondering how will customs just approve a package without checking it first.

We’ll know for sure if it goes through it again after arriving in Europe.

1 Like

Indeed. For me its estimated to arrive wednesday :sweat_smile:

Fedex seems to overestimate the time it will take to deliver packages, at least in my limited experience with it. Just recently I had to send a package across a continent using their cheapest option, and it arrived about 4 days earlier than their estimated delivery time. Although, in that case it wasn’t a package but documents envelope, and they may have been anticipating customs delay in destination country where there was none.

I was hopeful that it will be the same case for FW16 delivery for me, but seeing how it is still somewhere in China, I am now thinking Wednesday as well. I am just curious now if it will directly go to Europe, or do the long route like someone else who had posted their tracking details where it was Taiwan > Philippines > China > India > UAE > France…

1 Like

Mine rocketed across the world, from Taiwan to within 50 miles of me on the US east coast in under 24 hours. Of course then it was the weekend so there it sits in a FedEx hub until tomorrow. So close…

Same. Mine arrived in Tennessee at 2am this morning. Only one state away…

Mine is apparently already just a few cities over, yet apparently won’t arrive until Tuesday lol. Got to my state in about a day and takes 3 to get across a couple cities I guess lol

Same thing here. I wonder if they will let me pick it up at the FedEx facility earlier than the delivery date.

Yup. 45 minutes from me right now, but Tuesday delivery. I’m hoping it’s already in transit to the local hub and just not checked in yet. Guess I’ll just shutter with antici

1 Like

We have movement!!!

Yeah I had a Tuesday estimate too, in fact still do, but I think their algorithm is just conservative in updating the ETA. I expect it today.

Update: Out for delivery. Expected before lunch break! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome. Meanwhile mine is still stuck in China for some reason :smiling_face_with_tear:

Can anyone please share what does their fedex tracking show if their laptop was also picked up on Friday, March 1st.

I just received my shipping email, after 4 days of being charged but it seems mine is arriving quicker.

pation!

7 Likes

Changed to out for delivery maybe 20 minutes before I heard the doorbell. I’ll take a day early.

Also, thanks to these people!

4 Likes

Agh! Torture! I had just enough time to assemble and power on, but apparently not enough time to finish the RAM training (64GB G.Skill kit). At least I’m hoping that’s what it is. It was on for at least 15 minutes before I had to head back to work, and I did hear the fans spinning up a little, but still a blank screen. Hopefully it’s alive when I get home.

Update: Reports from home are coming in. Still no activity after nearly two hours. Must be something else. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

A few other people seemed to have fixed their similar issue by only using one RAM stick first, then installing the second one after one boot. Maybe try that.

1 Like

Mine arrived early too! Am setting it up now.

Side note - anyone know how to disable the microsoft account requirement the guide mentions without rufus? current laptop is on fedora and rufus is windows only. Am going to be dual booting windows and linux on the 16 but would like to remove that requirement if at all possible.

1 Like

Is this a hard requirement? I don’t recall ever needing one, and I have several computers on 11 with no account logged in, though one was an upgrade from 10 and the other two were Rufus-hijacked upgrades on ineligible PC’s. Maybe it’s only if installing from nothing? Either way, it seems easy enough to get around. How to set up Windows 11 without a Microsoft account | Windows Central