FW16 Batch 6 Guild

Just got mine shipped today. It’s still q1, so batch 6ers can say theirs shipped on schedule :p.

Does your tracking show that it’s boarded the fedex plane, or are you inferring that from the last update in Taiwan?

Inferred. I posted a screenshot of the latest tracking update in my post above.

Aha, got it. After drinking my coffee, I am able to understand that. Thanks, fellow probable traveler on FX14.

1 Like

Maybe it’s taking a vacation? :slight_smile:

Are you sure that it is actually shipped and you are not looking at pre shipment scans? I remember other customers reporting similar things, sometimes your shipment is not physically there but the you see a scan (it looks like it was shipped back on your end).

1 Like

It’s here! :slight_smile:

Preparing batch e-mail: 2024-03-19
Charged: 2024-03-25
Shipped e-mail: 2024-03-26 0410 (Us/Pacific) (showed an est arrival of 2024-03-38)
Arrived: 2024-03-27 (US/California) – yup a day early

Ryzen™ 7 7840HS - 180W Power Adapter
Expansion Bay Shell
Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Numpad Module (+ 2 extra spacers)
International English - Linux
Expansion cards:

• 3 x USB-C – USB-C Expansion Card
  • USB-A
  • DisplayPort (2nd Gen)
  • HDMI (3rd Gen)
  • MicroSD
  • Ethernet

So they will be coming folks, you will get yours soon!

I am not exactly sure but it says something like “arrived at FedEx Hub” and then a german address. And later the same but for a french address. In the beginning there is an entry from the same french hub regarding international shipment release so maybe FedEx scheduled the customs in France and that’s the reason it had to be shipped there.

That might be the reason, please check the dates/times for each scan, if there is an “impossible travel” between different addresses, that might be it.

batch 6

ryzen 7 7840HS
ryzen module 7700S

Will they deliver on Good Friday ???

In the US, it’s not a federal holiday. Some states have it off, but my understanding is that a per-state holiday is unlikely to make it to the holiday calendar of a large delivery company, though I’m speculating and stating my expectations. The stock market is going to close, but banks don’t for e.g. so it is hard to make any blanket statements.

Oho, it’s complicated indeed: Fedex holidays schedule, good friday to easter

And the service I see on the fedex website is “FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution” which isn’t listed, so I’ll choose to believe that they’ve got someone lined up to deliver it if all goes to plan, even on Good Friday.

Same here (Canberra). Pity we just missed having it over Easter! So close.

We’ve seen these France->Germany->France-Germany hops from several other people in earlier batches too.

FDX14 landed at ANC at 1:12PM

source

Latest tracking update, scanned at the FedEx hub 13 minutes later

Next leg should be to MEM, leaving around 11:57:00 PM

Yep, just hoping no attempted deliveries to work on the public holidays…

First Post! WOO!

Howdy Do Folks! Batch 6, got mine today! Want to give a heads up on the unboxing experience. Perhaps what I have to say is a given, but I was so excited… I just wanted to rip this thing open. 8 months of waiting, and it’s here, I can hold it! IT’S REAL! I’m “building” a laptop! This is so cool!

Ahem, I digress, so when I got this, I looked around it and went… how do you open this thing? It’s not the most obvious thing first glance. Turns out, the paper tape is covering up the seam, and it’s quite tightly on there. It took some finagling to find it. I had to use the pointy end of some scissors to find a gap, then used the blunt side to work on ripping the tape without cutting into the box.

Pro-tip for future reference there Framework, usually there would be a little (red) perforated pull tab for this sort of thing, but…

It’s real! AAAAAAH! :smiley:

5 Likes

Ive been charged 2 days ago but still no shipment… sob

2 Likes

Luckily it was just a short one ^^

And it’s gone from Anchorage and already landed in Indianapolis a few minutes ago (not memphis? OK, well, that is closer to me)