FW16 Batch 6 Guild

Your might be in the same place as mine, not long arrived at Stansted

I think mine is also in the same shipment too

Damn bank holiday leaving it as just on shelf there :rofl::rofl:

Arrived. Unboxed. SSD and RAM installed. WiFi swapped to Intel AX210. Booted. Windows installed.

25 minutes.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s fast!

1 Like

Just got charged Batch 6’s 2nd “sub-batch” is going out :partying_face:

2 Likes

me too!! :smile:

Opened and received, Fedex sucks. They “delivered” again today and I was in my driveway working on a car when they say they delivered it. No Fedex truck. This time they did not even say fail to deliver. Had to call to track it down and picked it up myself from Fedex.

Really wish that Fedex wasn’t what Framework uses.

Well, off to install Windows, hopefully my next post will be on a FW16 instead of a FW13. Very excited now that the Fedex debacle is over.

4 Likes

My laptop has already been to more countries than me and I don’t even have it yet.

Taiwan → Philippines → China → Japan → Singapore → Australia

A few of those steps actually moved it further away from me…

Now it’s just 260km away, but still not due to arrive for 3 days. :roll_eyes:

Expensive laptop, cheap shipping.

2 Likes

I was interested to know the potential cost of shipping last week, when I plugged it in the FedEx calc. for Melbourne Australia it was about $190 - so not super cheap. All freight these days is a lot dearer than it was 4 years ago unfortunately… It’s just the way FedEx works. Some other carriers have different route planning, and might be more direct. But it sounds like my FW16 was travelling on the same pallet, same route up until Sydney. Looking forward to Wednesday projected arrival!!

1 Like

What are the shipping times for everyone in batch 6? I’m in the Western US.

Same here. It went on a tour of the whole of Asia, now it’s been sitting in NSW a few km away from me forsome days, expected in 2 more days :frowning:

I could have picked it up by public transport and be several days faster…

I watched mine bounce around a few countries and is now waiting for the Easter bank holiday to be over for shipping to continue

Same, it’s killing me knowing it’s in the country waiting whilst I’ve got all this loooong weekend off with little to do…

Saw on the batch teack someones batch 7 might arrive quicker then 6 to the uk :melting_face:

In the Midwest US I got my shipping notification just passed midnight on March 27th and FedEx has me signing for it the morning of March 28th. Very quick shipment.

What are the differences between the WiFi card you added and the one it came with?

No shipping for me today, but given the timeline it will most probably be shipped tomorrow.

2 Likes

I was wondering this too.

Only major difference I know of is that Windows Installer supports the Intel AX210, but not the AMD RZ616 yet, which means offline only install with the RZ616 until you install Framework drivers.

There are some performance trade-offs once installed, but on the whole there is not much difference. I’ve seen anecdotal evidence that Intel is more stable for Wi-Fi 5/6 especially moving through a building and changing access points, and AMD moreso for 6E and Bluetooth. YMMV.

Edit, another thread on it here in FW13:

Intel AX210 vs. AMD (MediaTek) RZ616 on an AMD Framework - Framework Laptop 13 - Framework Community

Further Edit: first post on my FW16 :smiley:

2 Likes