FW16 Batch 8 Guild

My FW16 arrived a day early!! Got the email yesterday that it would arrive tomorrow, but instead it arrived today. Insane!

Mine has not shipped either. Central USA near chicago. I did have changes to my order but they were done well in advance but maybe its just a packaging thing.

1 Like

They may have dropped it in the lake… :grimacing:

Well i hate to do it to yall that are still waiting but the FEDEX Gods Delivered. am sending this from my framework!!! a day early. the fedex driver said that it arrived to his area JUST as he was about to pull away…it made it with seconds to spare!!!

NOTE all scan times are in CST to stop the timezone madness.

1 Like

facepalms

This was supposed to arrive today, to achieve that lovely “1 Day/Next Day” delivery, but FedEx screwed up and claimed that I was not available after I was waiting outside my front door for 3 Hours, with nobody coming to the door at the listed time of 11:27AM US East.

Redelivery will be tomorrow, during my ironically named “Computer Graphics” class, so I’m anxious and pissed FedEx did exactly what I feared would happen.

I will keep you all posted

Pre-Order: July 24, 2023
Heads-Up Email: April 1, 2024
Card Charged: April 4, 2024
Package Sent out: April 9, 2024
Package “Attempted” Delivery: April 10, 2024
Package Arrived: TBD (Est April 11, 2024)

System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Storage: WD_BLACK™ SN850X NVMe™- M.2 2280 - 4TB
Storage: Western Digital SN740 NVMe™ - M.2 2230 - 2TB
Operating System: Windows 11 Home (Download)
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)

Mine came today, and it’s now up and running :slight_smile: Taking it for a whirl I did notice the freeze switching back and forth on the dGPU (known issue but freaky)

Mines finally shipped, fingers crossed it comes tomorrow.

Think my laptop is doing the Asia tour currently before coming to the UK, hopefully it collects fridge magnets and flags along the way!

1 Like

Mine just shipped

Ordered: Jul 24 2023
Payment: Posted Apr 8 & Processed Apr 9
Shipping email: Apr 11 4:24AM (East Coast) US

Ryzen™ 9 7940HS - Radeon™ RX 7700S - 180W

$3,887.00

Ryzen™ 9 7940HS - Radeon™ RX 7700S - 180W Power Adapter

Hide Product Detailsremove

Configuration

$3,162.00

• System: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS

• Memory: DDR5-5600 - 64GB (2 x 32GB)

• Storage: WD_BLACK™ SN850X NVMe™- M.2 2280 - 4TB

• Operating System: Windows 11 Pro (Download)

Expansion Bay System

• Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)

Customization

• Numpad: Numpad Module

$19.00

• Keyboard: US English

• Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black

• Power Adapter Region: US / CA

Expansion Cards

• 4 x Audio

$76.00

• 4 x USB-A

$36.00

• 4 x USB-C – USB-C Expansion Card

$36.00

• 4 x Ethernet

$156.00

• 4 x DisplayPort (2nd Gen)

$76.00

• 4 x HDMI (3rd Gen)

$76.00

• 2 x 1TB (2nd Gen)

$250.00

2 Likes

Whew! You got all the fixings haha

1 Like

probably on the same plane :smiley:

Just curious, why 4 of each expansion card, including Ethernet and Audio?

1 Like

Mostly because I can partly because I am going to use this to replace my Alienware x51 r2 but I still want to take it with me and I know my peripherals will be different using it as a desktop and on the go. I figure if I don’t use them all with this computer when I buy another I’ll use it with that one

1 Like

My laptop decided to do a country world trip

1 Like

You know, I think you’re onto something there!

:smiley:

1 Like

My package has arrived. I know who’s signed for it, but the name shown in the tracker doesn’t match. At all. Now to wait for tomorrow afternoon when I finally come home and can set up the new machine. Ubuntu is downloading…

1 Like

Fedex kept changing the delivery date and time, settled on yesterday somewhere around noon, a day early. The tracking page said a signature was required, but a signature was not required.

A day early though!

Now I just have to finish installing Gentoo (coughsuddenmasochisticimpulse)…

1 Like

Well, I won’t have time to do anything with it until this evening, but it’s here!

3 Likes

Got my shipping email today.

1 Like

Okay, I couldn’t stand it, lol. I had it propped on my work desk and was undoing screws or popping in components as and when I had moments.

Got it all together and went ahead and powered it up. It only took 20-30 seconds tops before the macropad started doing the discotheque party flash and just like that, I was in the BIOS. Both SSDs detected, both sticks of Kingston Fury RAM detected and running at the rated, 5600 speed. I didn’t see anything specifically about the dedicated GPU, but I don’t know if I would see anything in there about it. That’s going to be it for now, as I certainly don’t have the time and attention right now to install the OS, drivers, etc. But I can rest easy that the first hurdle of booting, detecting both sticks of RAM and both drives is crossed.

My touchpad spacers fit fine. They are pretty much level with each other and level with the touchpad. If I shift them around a bit, I can make the gaps look…not great, but overall, it’s totally fine. Interestingly, the spacer on one side and the touchpad module itself on the other side both sit slightly proud of the edge of the frame. It’s very slight and certainly not enough to bother me. Basically, not quite perfect, but very acceptable and not quite as bad as some I’ve seen, where the aluminum plate seemed to be slightly warped or something.

As others have mentioned, the display flex is a total non issue to me. If anything, it’s certainly no worse than the 13" with the milled top cover. Feels totally fine.

The keyboard does flex a tiny bit, but not noticeably while typing, only if I push on it to see if it flexes, and it’s pretty even across the keyboard. No problem there either. I suppose this could vary from person to person, depending on typing style and such. But for me, it’s no problem. It’s not the most rigid keyboard I’ve ever used, but it doesn’t bother me at all.

Those are very much first impressions, as I didn’t do much beyond hastily put it together, boot to the BIOS, and quickly look at the items I mentioned.

6 Likes