FW16 Batch 8 Guild

Got Windows installed, driver package installed, BIOS updated, Windows installed, and a few programs installed. All good so far. I never would have thought I’d especially care for the RGB effects on the macropad, but there are some pretty neat affects. I especially like the stuff that is reactive to button presses.

I haven’t looked super close, but I haven’t noticed any display pinching from the bezel. I still have some programs to install. The case definitely runs hotter than the AMD Framework 13, though there is also the difference between Windows 11 (FW 16) and Fedora 39 (FW 13) that may come into play a bit. The fans can get pretty darn loud, which they did while updating Windows. Obviously, still not a full review or anything and I haven’t used it much, but just a few more thoughts.

Hopefully everyone else gets there’s soon and the setup process goes as smoothly as mine has so far.

1 Like

Yours been sat in France for the last 12 hours too?

edit - saying that its just jumped to Stanstead

Curious package routing ^^
Didn’t know that the fastest path to france was china->france->china again

1 Like

My FW16 is taking the same route to the Netherlands, I almost suspect that FedEx triangulates flights between China → Germany → France → Back to China or something, because like you said, It wouldn’t make sense to fly it all the way back when it’s so close to it’s destination.
FedEx’s tracking shows mine is expected to be delivered on Monday so we’ll see how that goes I guess.

Last time it went from China to France (via Germany) was on flight FX5030, which flies again today: FX5030 (FDX5030) FedEx Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware , It’s possible that the laptops are on this flight again.

1 Like

His flights history schedule match the previous time of arrivals/departure.
Almost seems like it was forgotten inside the plane ^^

Thanks for taking time to track the exact plane !

I just checked this morning, yeah, it said it was held up in France and has arrived in Stanstead this morning - looks like it’s in customs currently, says it’s going to be delivered Monday morning - I could get to stansted in about an hour! Shame no pickup as could go get it now! :rofl:
They’ve certainly been on a lot of planes to get here!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to get my hands on the FW16
(Ordered with these specs:

• DIY
  • Ryzen 7
  • dGPU
  • Int. English keyboard (no RGB)
  • Numpad
  • 2x USB-C, 2x USB-A, HDMI, Audio and Network
    )
    Hoping my “luck” with laptops doesn’t repeat itself again (the old laptop dying within 2 weeks after the new laptop comes in) haha
1 Like

Nice setup! What are you planning to do with all these expansion cards, if you don’t mind me asking?

Mostly because I can partly because I am going to use this to replace my Alienware x51 r2 but I still want to take it with me and I know my peripherals will be different using it as a desktop and on the go. I figure if I don’t use them all with this computer when I buy another I’ll use it with that one

1 Like

That’s smart. They’re relatively inexpensive and are much smaller than traditional USB-to-X adapters. I would buy spares too if I had a 2nd Framework laptop.

1 Like

Got to assemble my laptop today. Put the single 32GB DIMM I got with it into slot 1 and it came up after half a minute or so. Installed Ubuntu since, but have a lot of work in front of me as I’m migrating from Windows to Linux for the first time. The hardware looks good, ethernet, wifi and speakers are working. Haven’t had time to test anything else yet.
A single touchpad module would definetely look and feel better, the top left and right edges of the touchpad module want to lift slightly even if it is level when outside of the machine.

1 Like

Received my laptop assembled and downloaded windows 11pro only issue I has was windows 11 installer didn’t recognize Wi-Fi & restarting the network loader in the task manager wouldn’t work so I used the Ethernet jack updated driver when done fixed the no Wi-Fi issue everything seems to fit fine there’s slight height differences with the spacer but it’s minimal and if you play with them they feel flush!

1 Like

Just find out I perched three different color of spacer……every color by only one….
And my plastic interposer cover is little broken some how, which not functioning
Should I grab support?

1 Like

And somehow mines back in France again…

Same. Our laptops are probably in the same shipment crate. I wonder why it went back to France though. It’s not like we don’t have enough baguettes or croissants here… Maybe it wanted to go back for another helping of escargot? :thinking:

Or I bet it saw the sorry state of our economy and decided it’s probably better off staying on the other side of the channel.

Back in stanstead again now. Definitely well travelled laptops…

What the hell, back in France again?

1 Like

hehe yeh me to, love to find out the logic behind this, think the laptop has been to france more often than i have now…

1 Like

Yeah I feel like we’re being trolled by FedEx

1 Like

At least its showing Stanstead again now and still says Monday eta…

I’ll be happier once it leaves Stanstead for my local depot…