FW16 Batch 8 Guild

still enough time for at least one more look

the way it looks to me as the “on the way” scans where delayed scans as I highly doubt it was in France at 3:53 PM then at 4:20 PM it arrived in UK that’s a 1Hr20min flight.

So what? Times are in local time zone, and London ist UTC while Paris is UTC+1 (or London +1 and Paris +2 during daylight savings time). 3:53 PM Paris is 1:53 PM UTC and 4:20 London is 3:20 UTC, that would match.

2 Likes

Those who know the answers to this, do we still have to use the keyboard hack to prevent the flex as described by LTT? I know framework offered an intermittent solution. Just wondering whether they have fixed it for batch 8.

I really haven’t noticed any flex in my key border I do notice the screen flex when moved by one corner but I just have to remember to open it on the center

1 Like

I agree I haven’t noticed any flex. now that i look at it there is a tad bit of flex if I press hard enough but when typing its fine, and feels fine to me, and makes no difference in my typing speed. I don’t recall seeing pads all throughout underneath, I was thinking I need to look when I had it open but alas, I forgot to look.

Also, for the screen I didn’t notice any issue at all till I did a full black screen on full brightness then I can see 2 VERY VERY slight pressure points along the top so little that I’m not going to even try to fix/adjust as it’s no big deal.

and screen flex well my XPS and Alienware both needed to be opened from the middle.

All in all i love it my only complaint is the chin on the screen but i understand its needed

1 Like

Same, but it was bothering me so I put a piece of tape under a nearby contact point, and I very slightly sanded down the inside of the bezel. Now it’s perfect.

That is so bizarre - it does look like it went to france and back! The only thing I can think of is that the paperwork for import into the UK was not correct so it got punted back to France again and then shipped back again with the correct paperwork!

According to Fedex it went back and forth as well!

Yeah same. Still eta for tomorrow delivery so fingers crossed.

1 Like

No space in the warehouse, must stay on the plane? :wink:

Oh my god we’ve departed Stansted. And we’re not heading back to France lol

3 Likes

Seems to have gone to Kingsbury by Birmingham, bizarrely it’s now just slightly further away from me than when it was at Charles De Gaulle airport in France!

Created a map of where it’s been so far!!!

Oh - can do in google earth!

2 Likes

That’s good to know about the keyboard. As for my screen eh my screen doesn’t show any pitching (I don’t have any pressure spots) Just an fyi.

1 Like

Laptop came today in the morning and was built during my lunch break! Timed myself, took 18 minutes without looking at guides or instructions, tbh I spent more time finding the numbered screws than actually assembling it all.

My keyboard appears fine, no flex from just regular typing (so im going to give it a big fat green thumb and say they fixed it.)

Thanks for being my family for the past 9 months! :slight_smile: best of luck in everyone’s endeavour!

TLDR, from my copy of the fw16 I’m experiencing no screen pinching, no keyboard flex but have a little lift in the touchpad on either end (half a millimeter).

4 Likes

Mine is now out for delivery!

2 Likes

So is mine, having done the same trips from standstead to charles de gaul several times.

1 Like

It’s here, it’s build, its installing :smiley:

2 Likes

Got mine too. Just going through the windows setup

Mine just arrived! Was listed as before 12 and arrived at 11.40

Yes, I’d definitely talk to FW support about this. Maybe they can send you a replacement part.

1 Like