FW16, Fedora, WiFi password not saving

Hi there,

I have a rather strange problem with my home WiFi, and only my Home WiFi.
Almost every time when I boot my FW (or wake from sleep) KDE daemon prompts me to enter my WiFi password again.
I can open the WiFi settings, look up the PW, copy and paste it into the dialog and then it works until the next restart.

I’m at my wits end by now, i tried setting up KDE wallet again, reinstalled the network manager, saved the PW for all users (not encrypted), selected a specific BSSID nothing seems to work. Even reported it as a bug to KDE but only got ignored so far, maybe someone here can help me.

Operating System: Fedora Linux 39
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.11
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
Qt Version: 5.15.12
Kernel Version: 6.7.9-200.fc39.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 16 × AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS w/ Radeon 780M Graphics
Memory: 30.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon Graphics
Manufacturer: Framework
Product Name: Laptop 16 (AMD Ryzen 7040 Series)
System Version: AG

No idea what other information might be useful, but i will gladly supply whatever i can.

If it’s only happening on your home wifi, maybe it has something to do with that wifi. What can you tell us about it? Manufacturer? Wifi level? 2.4 or 5 or 6Ghz? Anything else?

Thanks for the reply, it never even occured to me that its might the fault of the wifi as every other device in the network works just fine.

I’m using the standard router issued by my ISP so its a bit hard to get good, non-german information about it. But further down i translated the part of the manual with all the technical specifications so maybe that helps.

The router is set to use both 2,4 and 5Ghz with the same name and PW. (this i cant change sadly) I was told to set the BSSID to a specific band as this might helps, but I could not find any difference.

Here my network settings

Edit: Connect automatically is normally on, just turned that off for troubleshooting

Translated Manual:

It offers the following functions:
Combination of five separate products in one compact device - a
EURO DOCSIS® 3.0 cable modem, an IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless access point, Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base T connections, VoIP Internet telephone connections and a firewall.

An internal high-speed cable modem for permanent broadband access to the Internet and other online services.

A powerful firewall for better network protection against unwanted attacks via the Internet. This supports stateful inspection, intrusion detection, DMZ, prevention of denial-of-service attacks and network address translation (NAT).

A broadband connection for up to 253 computers to surf the web.
All computers in the LAN communicate as if they were connected to the same physical network.

Four 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet uplink ports with support for half or full duplex connections with Auto-MDIX capability.

One IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN access point, for mobile devices or for connecting desktop computers without a network cable. The speed of the wireless connection can vary depending on the distance.

The WLAN supports 2.4G/5G dual-band mode.

A secure wireless fidelity (WLAN) broadband connection for WLAN-enabled
devices on your network, e.g. mobile phones, laptops, tablets, printers, PDAs and desktop PCs. Routing for a wireless LAN (WLAN) or a wired Ethernet LAN; you can connect more than four computers via hubs and/or switches (not included).

An internal DHCP server for easy configuration of a combined wired/wireless LAN.
wired or wireless Class C private LAN.

Virtual Private Network (VPN) pass-through operation with support for IPSec, PPTP, or L2TP to securely connect remote computers over the Internet.

Internet Fiber Box Configuration Manager (CMGR), which provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for easy configuration of necessary WLAN, Ethernet, router, DHCP and security settings.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

You are not the first person that has problems with the wifi password not saving, it nevertheless sucks.
In my humble opinion, it isnt because of your router but because of a linux hiccup.

Can you use the command “rfkill” to make sure wifi isnt blocked? It should show “unlocked” or something similar for all connections.

I did a quick search for “linux forgets wifi password” and found lots of people having the same problem, maybe you can find a solution there?

In case you are more happy with german you could search for “linux fragt immer nach wlan passwort” or something like this. (I assume that because you used deepl and your username may as well be german. Please excuse me if my assumption is false.)

But here are some links in case you dont want to search:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=399940

https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/networkmanager-fragt-staendig-nach-wlan-schlu/

Thanks for the reply,
rfkill is saying everything is “unblocked”,

I tried a lot of the stuff i found via search already, from enabling the wifi network for all users, to saving the pw unencrypted. At other points i read that its kwallet problem, delete the old wallet, created a new one, removed the PW from the wallet altogether, nothing worked.
Read through the websites you sent me, but didn’t really see anything that i have not tried yet.

Even when i delete the saved network, reconnect and copy the password in, it instantly asks me for the password again. I copy in the same pw and only now is a connection possible.

Edit: I finally noticed that it always ask twice for the PW, i only ever assumed that I entered it wrong, but by now I’m only coping it and it still is not happy with the first time entering it.

Thats why I am here, i run out of things to try. Spend hours trying out stuff i found online by now

Could it be that your network’s SSID is duplicated somewhere in the neighbourhood? I know there some of the quite frequently used routers here in Germany (“FritzBox” brand) set their SSID to something very non-unique. I always hate it when friends don’t change that SSID because there are a lot of “FritzBox 7930” (or similar) around while my machine will only save one password for a certain SSID. So if there is another network with the same name around, you will lose your saved password each time you try to connect to the “other” (same-SSID) network.
BTW this also happens if you try to use a 2.4G and a 5G network with the same SSID but (might be accidentally) different passwords …

Just checked all networks in range with “nmcli dev wifi”, and my network name in unique. Both 2,4 and 5ghz have the same PW, as my router does not even support different PW for different frequencies.

Only problem I noticed is that both WPA1 and WPA2 are enabled, currently trying to turn of WPA1 completely.

I do not have a framework laptop (yet), I do not have the same ISP as you but my ISP’s router looks very much the same (is it compal) and my ThinkPad P50 could not remember its password. When I bought a different router, it worked.

Have you tried adding the network with another tool (e.g. nmtui)? Its unlikely to fix it, but it could help. Ideally try deleting the connection profile and then recreating it. (To recreate it from nmtui go to activate a connection and then your ssid, then enter your password.)

Also make sure you dont have multiple connection profiles for the same ssid (if you do, see if any have the wrong password or the password isnt saved for all users then disable autoconnect for or delete those). Ideally do this before trying nmtui specifically as it assumes that only one profile will exist for a given ssid and will hide others in the activate connection menu.

Deleted all old profiles, added a new one via nmtui (PW and all), connected via nmtui, was asked to enter the same PW 3 times before it finally connected, restarted and was asked for the PW again.

This gets more and more absurd with every try

1 Like

I will not give you so much info about my case, but I can say I’m in Germany and on Ubuntu and my wifi password from my home router doesn’t save either after rebooting every time… (Also tried nmtui and same issue)

*clarify: it saves for me, but it keeps saying I entered it wrong ?! Eventhough Its showing me the same PW I entered last session and where it worked. I can keep entering the correct password again and again and it will never connect me regardless, I have to hit forget password and retype it each time.

I do however mostly use my LTE router anyways and that seems to work fine with fast connect and no issues ever came up with this one.

Thanks for your extensive answer.

I just remembered that I had that problem too (maybe not the exact same problem, but similar) and that the solution had something to do with the gnome-keyring. I eventually was able to move to the kde wallet tho, if i remember correctly, so that probably isnt helpful at all.

Have you tried to use wpa_supplicant to connect to the network?
Sometimes the arch community has really good ideas, maybe this could be interesting:
Here the drivers were at fault, which is probably not problem in your case, but nevertheless? [SOLVED] NetworkManager keeps asking for WiFi password / Newbie Corner / Arch Linux Forums

Would it be possible to try whether the problem occurs with different wifis too? To find out if it’s because of the router or not.

One last thing: If you open up the KDE Wallet, can you actually see the stored wifi passwords?

The only other WiFi i have at hand is the Hotspot of my phone, when i try to connect to this i can connect 20 out of 20 tries without being asked for a PW.

Looking into kwallet, there is a folder for network manager, with a subfolder “maps” which in turn has 3 entries with long strings as names.

Tomorrow i will look closer into the other post you sent, but it feels a bit over my head.

So it appears that it has something to do with the router.

kwallet
Yes, there should be one entry for each wireless network you have connected to. When you select an entry there should be a button “Show value” or something like this, which will show the password of the wifi network. You could check whether the entry for your network has the correct password in it.

Regarding the other post:
Dont dig too deep, I was using it more as a reference :see_no_evil:
My thought was that maybe connecting to the network using the terminal gives you a bit of information that can help. To connect manually, do this:

1. systemctl stop NetworkManager
    (This will disable the network manager, start it again using systemctl start NetworkManager)
  2. sudo su
    (To make sure that we run the next command with the needed permissions)
  3. wpa_supplicant -i wlp8s0 -c <(wpa_passphrase "YOUR SSID" "YOUR PASSWORD")
    (This command connects to the network with the name YOUR SSID and password YOUR PASSWORD. the option -i wlp8s0 specifies the wifi module. In case this command fails with “Failed to initialize driver interface”, you can look up your wifi module name with ip a, it should be the only one with wlp in front of it)

This should have an output similar to this:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
wlp8s0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=DRIVER type=WORLD
MBO: Disable MBO/OCE due to misbehaving AP not having enabled PMF
wlp8s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 7a:e6:36:3c:52:6d (SSID='YOUR SSID' freq=5580 MHz)
wlp8s0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=DRIVER type=COUNTRY alpha2=DE
wlp8s0: Trying to associate with 7a:e6:36:3c:52:6d (SSID='YOUR SSID' freq=5580 MHz)
wlp8s0: Associated with 7a:e6:36:3c:52:6d
MBO: Disable MBO/OCE due to misbehaving AP not having enabled PMF
wlp8s0: CTRL-EVENT-SUBNET-STATUS-UPDATE status=0
wlp8s0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 7a:e6:36:3c:52:6d [PTK=CCMP GTK=CCMP]
wlp8s0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 7a:e6:36:3c:52:6d completed [id=0 id_str=]

What I hope for is that wpa_supplicant is unhappy with something and lets us know when you execute the above commands.

Ok this will be a wall of text, so some things first:

Tried if i can connect to the WiFi without entering the PW again, this would work after a few tries, normally 2-6. Made a (bad) video Nextcloud (link valid for a week)
Here i have set the BSSID to the 5GHz network, if i change this to the 2,4ghz it seems to work every time, this would explain why when i tried to reproduce it before i set a fix BSSID I got other results every time.

This also seems to be supported by what comes further down.

So at least i have what looks like a band-aid fix for now. Would still be interesting to know the underlying cause

Now to wpa_supplicant

ip a

root@kallingersF16:/home/kallinger# ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host noprefixroute 
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: wlp1s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Trying to connect to my home WiFi (WiFi 1)

Tries to connect via 5ghz twice, fails, tries via 2,4ghz succeeded.
Tried this multiple times, most of them looked the same, one looked different, see further down

root@kallingersF16:/home/kallinger# wpa_supplicant -i wlp1s0 -c <(wpa_passphrase "WiFi 1" "WiFi 1 PW")
wlp1s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=5220 MHz)
wlp1s0: Trying to associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=5220 MHz)
wlp1s0: Associated with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-SUBNET-STATUS-UPDATE status=0
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 reason=15
wlp1s0: WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="WiFi 1" auth_failures=1 duration=10 reason=WRONG_KEY
BSSID 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 ignore list count incremented to 2, ignoring for 10 seconds
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=CORE type=WORLD
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=BEACON_HINT type=UNKNOWN
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-REENABLED id=0 ssid="WiFi 1"
wlp1s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=5220 MHz)
wlp1s0: Trying to associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=5220 MHz)
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="WiFi 1" auth_failures=2 duration=21 reason=WRONG_KEY
BSSID 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 ignore list count incremented to 3, ignoring for 60 seconds
wlp1s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=2412 MHz)
wlp1s0: Trying to associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=2412 MHz)
wlp1s0: Associated with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83
wlp1s0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 [PTK=CCMP GTK=CCMP]
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 completed [id=0 id_str=]
^Cwlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 reason=3 locally_generated=1
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-DSCP-POLICY clear_all
nl80211: deinit ifname=wlp1s0 disabled_11b_rates=0
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 

Next block is rather redundant, connected instantly via 2,4ghz.

root@kallingersF16:/home/kallinger# wpa_supplicant -i wlp1s0 -c <(wpa_passphrase "WiFi 1" "WiFi 1 PW")
wlp1s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=2412 MHz)
wlp1s0: Trying to associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (SSID='WiFi 1' freq=2412 MHz)
wlp1s0: Associated with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83
wlp1s0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 [PTK=CCMP GTK=CCMP]
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 completed [id=0 id_str=]
^Cwlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 reason=3 locally_generated=1

Connecting to my Moblie Hotspot works great

root@kallingersF16:/home/kallinger# wpa_supplicant -i wlp1s0 -c <(wpa_passphrase "WiFi 2" "WiFi 2 PW")
wlp1s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 16:37:d2:18:36:83 (SSID='WiFi 2' freq=2437 MHz)
wlp1s0: Trying to associate with 16:37:d2:18:36:83 (SSID='WiFi 2' freq=2437 MHz)
wlp1s0: Associated with 16:37:d2:18:36:83
wlp1s0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 16:37:d2:18:36:83 [PTK=CCMP GTK=CCMP]
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 16:37:d2:18:36:83 completed [id=0 id_str=]
^Cwlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=16:37:d2:18:36:83 reason=3 locally_generated=1

When i tried again i got this, for some reason it suddenly just worked and connected on the 2nd try.

wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="WiFi 1" auth_failures=1 duration=10 reason=WRONG_KEY
BSSID 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 ignore list count incremented to 2, ignoring for 10 seconds
wlp1s0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 [PTK=CCMP GTK=CCMP]
wlp1s0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 completed [id=0 id_str=]

Maybe this helps?

Thank you for taking the time and try it out :slight_smile:

It is good to know that the problem seems to be with the 5GHz network and that the error message is WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect
Someone here had the same problem (although on gentoo): Gentoo Forums :: View topic - [SOLVED] wpa_supplicant can't authenticate on 5ghz This person got it fixed by changing WPA mode.

A few days ago you said that you’d try and change the WPA version for the wifi, have you done that yet?

I have no guaranteed fix, just some ideas:

1. Try to fiddle around with the WPA setting of your router.
  2. If possible: Split your network in a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz version and try whether the password problem goes away using only 2.4 or 5 Ghz
  3. Try another kernel, maybe there is a patch on a newer kernel?
  4. Here someone found another error message in his dmesg. You would probably want to use this command to look for errors regarding the wifi, after you encountered your problem: sudo dmesg | grep wlp1s0

The default setting for the router was to accept both WPA1 and WPA2, disabled WPA1 but that did not really change anything.

Separated 2,4 and 5ghz bands and retried wpa_supplicant, same error as before.

This is what i get through dmesg, not really sure where to start, noticed a few 4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT

[51244.147058] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51244.163793] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[51244.167997] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51244.169342] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[51244.197328] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (capab=0x1411 status=0 aid=1)
[51244.222887] wlp1s0: associated
[51244.288006] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 20 (20 - 0) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83
[51406.171935] wlp1s0: disassociated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (Reason: 4=DISASSOC_DUE_TO_INACTIVITY)
[51406.426829] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51406.439966] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[51406.582338] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 2/3)
[51406.755844] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 3/3)
[51406.818650] wlp1s0: authentication with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 timed out
[51441.289558] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51441.457533] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[51441.564246] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 2/3)
[51441.624435] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 3/3)
[51441.790096] wlp1s0: authentication with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 timed out
[51445.528495] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51445.685917] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[51445.689858] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51445.690627] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[51445.711385] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (capab=0x1411 status=0 aid=1)
[51445.736669] wlp1s0: associated
[51445.816796] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 20 (20 - 0) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83
[51496.621389] wlp1s0: deauthenticating from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)
[51535.285238] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51535.763203] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51535.785426] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51535.787382] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51535.847419] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51535.875549] wlp1s0: associated
[51536.057473] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51536.893402] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[51539.717164] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51539.730860] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51539.733142] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51539.734469] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51539.790128] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51539.814863] wlp1s0: associated
[51539.844578] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51540.823375] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[51557.890578] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51557.902450] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51557.924733] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51557.924944] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51557.986485] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51558.011310] wlp1s0: associated
[51558.072505] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51559.018909] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[51561.792830] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51561.805805] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51561.808116] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51561.809030] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51561.873419] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51561.898486] wlp1s0: associated
[51561.963412] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51567.205346] wlp1s0: deauthenticating from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)
[51569.146794] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51569.160516] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51569.182794] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51569.184778] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51569.244822] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51569.269153] wlp1s0: associated
[51569.336568] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51570.277581] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[51583.328192] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51583.341868] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51583.344179] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51583.345079] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51583.410725] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51583.435582] wlp1s0: associated
[51583.468013] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51584.443200] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[51620.975542] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51620.989289] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51620.991634] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51620.991929] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51621.060130] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51621.085228] wlp1s0: associated
[51621.152006] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51622.093538] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[51634.565845] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[51634.579617] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51634.581959] wlp1s0: authenticated
[51634.582223] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[51634.651066] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[51634.676559] wlp1s0: associated
[51634.676616] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 21 (24 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[51635.686791] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)

Dont really wanna duck around on the kernel lvl if not absolutely needed, gave my ISP a call if thats maybe a known issue for their routers and was told to write an official ticket, gonna do that and see if anything changes

The dmesg output is from using wpa_supplicant only? Or did you use the default network manager in the meantime?
In theory connecting just to 2.4GHz using the default network manager should behave differently than trying to connect to 2.4 OR 5 GHz, because all the error seem related to the 5GHz MAC-Adress (34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83)

I kinda hoped that fiddling with these settings would change anything about the password problem. I’m out of ideas though, maybe someone in a fedora forum would know more :person_shrugging:

Redid the whole thing, 5ghz is from 140 onwards.
The IT from my ISP were also a bit confused, told me i should try other channel, gonna do that in the next few days.
Another friend of mine said it could be a problem because I’m not getting a IP address?

[  113.484254] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[  113.498820] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[  113.504378] wlp1s0: authenticated
[  113.505714] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (try 1/3)
[  113.527361] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 (capab=0x1411 status=0 aid=5)
[  113.553990] wlp1s0: associated
[  113.628569] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 20 (20 - 0) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83
[  116.569654] wlp1s0: deauthenticating from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:83 by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)
[  140.240952] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[  140.721756] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[  140.744695] wlp1s0: authenticated
[  140.745723] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[  140.807344] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[  140.837774] wlp1s0: associated
[  141.002792] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 27 (30 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[  141.848806] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)
[  144.677195] wlp1s0: authenticate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (local address=4c:82:a9:4c:d5:7f)
[  144.690972] wlp1s0: send auth to 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[  144.693486] wlp1s0: authenticated
[  144.694975] wlp1s0: associate with 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (try 1/3)
[  144.751112] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (capab=0x511 status=0 aid=1)
[  144.778269] wlp1s0: associated
[  144.893048] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 27 (30 - 3) dBm as advertised by 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76
[  145.787780] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from 34:2c:c4:9a:ad:76 (Reason: 15=4WAY_HANDSHAKE_TIMEOUT)

But i guess i will just stick to 2,4ghz and buy another router at some point