FW16 touchpad module vertical gap issue?

Anyone else seeing an issue where the touchpad module seems to jut upwards on the keyboard side? I see a lot of people complaining about the gaps in the spacers themselves, but this seems different:

I’ve also seen a few vids/pictures of other FW16s with this issue, however nowhere near to the same extent as mine, ie: (though to be fair I haven’t done much FW16 video browsing lol)

(src: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OATyyaZInYc)

I’ve tried reinstalling it at least 15 times, and I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, especially since everything else installed fine (including the side spacers), so I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing before I reach out to support.

Thanks for taking a peek at my post, I hope you have a great rest of your day <3

I would check if the mid plate is seated correctly and the 16 screws are tightened evenly. If that does not solve the issue, you can contact the support team.

1 Like

Perfect, I’ll give that a try and let you know how it goes, thank you!

1 Like

Just made sure all screws were snug, and there were no bumps in that part of the midplane, all looks good, and its still sticking up :c

I’ll reach out to support tomorrow, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it <3

Check to see if the aluminum is flat - mine had a slight curve.

Due to how the keyboard and numpad attach, the bump will prevent the touchpad from being attached on the right side position. For the middle/left positions, there should not be any gaps like that shown in your picture. I would suggest making sure to first drop it into the slot halfway up and then apply light-medium top-down pressure while pushing up to slot it in.

Indeed, mine does appear to have quite a curve on it:

I have tried installing it with some slight pressure on the top more than a few times and same result, so yeah, support time.

Thanks all!