Hard Case Compatibility

Does anyone know if a standard 13.5 inch 3:2 hardshell case would fit?

I do not believe there are any hard-shell cases that are compatible yet. There are hard shell sleeves though, like Hard Shell Sleeve If you find one please post it though!

I bought one of these and it definitely doesn’t fit. Am I missing something? Seems just a bit too shallow. Is it supposed to snap on? Hesitant to try in case I break it, but if it can be made to work somehow then I’d rather do that than return it.
Edit: Clicked the link and saw that I’d ordered a different variation of the same case. I’d followed a link from an XDA article listing Framework cases and it for some reason linked to the XPS version which is just a bit too small. That listing didn’t show dimensions but the link here does, and those seem like they should fit. Glad I found this post–I think it was the only hardshell case/sleeve post I hadn’t read yet. :slight_smile: Ordered.

1 Like

How was the new order? :slight_smile:

Hey,
I want to carry My laptop in my Inlin Skate Backpack and the compartment in which the laptop would go isnt seperated by anything hard from the skates compartment.

Is there any rugged ish hardcase that I could use that would protect my screen from the skates ? Im scared that that bit of Skate buldging out would just crack the screen even with the laptop closed. Probably less of a problem if I remember to put the bottom site of the laptop there but still …

On the image you can see the buldge that the skate is creating …

There are a few laptop sleeves with some hard material on Amazon but I dont know if that would be enough ? Anyone any experience with that ?

The other thing I was looking at is a pelican Case that I would use as sleeve but that is expensive and maybe a bit over the top ?

So If anyone has any experience with something like that or a suggestion for a case that would be appreciated

I use a piece of 3ply some 3mm thick.

There are other topics on this. I suggest you look for them.

If I find one I’ll update and maybe,
a) you can continue there
b) you and I can then delete these, so far, two posts, which will delete the topic in about seven days

Look at all these topics

https://community.frame.work/search?q=hard%20case

and a few examples

Ive looked in the other topics but the only thin I found was eiter a “hard case” with EVA Plastics as the hard components or a coustom solution.
I dont know what you mean with 3ply but I assume carbon fibre as on of the other topics ?

Id really like to have something that is ready made so that I dont need to sow a carbon plate into my bag … That is why I asked, sorry if that was not clear

If you ask about 3ply you didn’t read my link ?

Still why a new topic on the same subject

yeah it seems like a lot of those topics could be merged…

1 Like

Works well. I saw you posting in a few other threads. If you’re looking for a single case that holds everything, this one isn’t it. It’s just big enough to hold the laptop, and if you slide it in the sleeve inside the case then it’s kept pretty secure and doesn’t shift.

My use case is carrying the laptop in a larger backpack where I don’t want it compressed or damaged because it fits pretty snugly in the bag. For that it’s great.

1 Like