Help with making frameworks available in Europe?

I don’t fully understand the logistics. Correct me if I’m wrong but the reason framework isn’t shipping everywhere in Europe and instead in just a couple of countries is because they don’t have an European subsidiary company unlike some other companies because framework doesn’t have the budget for this. So because of that they need some kind of approvals from countries one by one I guess. Could anybody here maybe elaborate on the process further? Is there anything I can do to help or make this process easier for framework for my country specifically? I’m in Latvia.

1 Like

The best way to help them prioritise counties is to set your locale on frame.work.

3 Likes

@Water261 Already did that, thanks anyways.

I was asking around in this forum. Nobody knows, it’s an echo chamber. Mods will shut down these kinds of threads.

1 Like

Except when the country isn’t listed at all. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel that way. There is no desire amongst the mods to silence anything. However, when threads divulge into ways to get around the fact that your country is not yet directly supported, we are obliged to lock those threads. The reason for this is because it puts the person trying to circumvent the issue in a bad spot, and puts Framework in an illegal spot.

I can assure you that Framework wants to to sell to you. They really do, but unfortunately the world we live in is governed by governments, and their laws differ from one country to the next, EVEN in the context of the EU.

Outside of what is being said here, there is nothing else to say. All of it is conjecture. What is known is freely available here on the forums.

I sympathize with all who would like a Framework laptop but live in country not yet supported. Sadly this is just the way it is until Framework is able to support more countries. (something which is high on the priority list)

Please remember: that as a community moderator, I do not work for Framework.

3 Likes

What’s the country?

Bulgaria is missing in the selector, even though it is in EU. :slight_smile: I reported that problem more than an year ago, but it is not fixed yet.

1 Like

I don’t like that selector. It always resets to US and English even if I set it to my country. I think I’ve set it to my country. I think they won’t get any useful info from it and will simply base the decision on the population of the country.

It doesn’t help that I always use incognito browsing but well… it resets to US so it’s at least skewed into US’s side :smile:

1 Like