I can't wait any longer

Today’s the day for shipping for me, too. I got the same notice about the delay. I’m beyond excited to receive it. I hope it arrives tomorrow, that would be excellent.

It would be nice to know that there are no more system issues and that the whole of the backlog has been/is being cleared today so that we can look forward to getting the tracking numbers tomorrow.

2 Likes

FedEx is now showing a shipment for me that should be the Frame.work computer. Just waiting for the next email.

Just had my email. It’s not going to arrive in time for my flight. :disappointed: FedEx Ground to Miami will take 4 days although the tracking is saying it may be one day early but that won’t help.

Got mine, too. First true disappointment for me: FedEx says it will arrive NEXT Monday. Ugh. Guess all the talk of overnight or 2 day was accidental/geographical. I’m all the way across the country from the shipping origin.

Oh well, I guess I can keep waiting.

@N.P Yes, I’m sure I remember one or two people saying they got theirs next day. I guess they must live in NJ! It would have been nice if we had had the option to upgrade shipping but perhaps that would have been too complicated for a comparatively small operation when so many were due to go out at the same time.

At least, we know they are on their way! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

As of tonight mine is now delayed until Tuesday. I’m being patient, I swear. :roll_eyes:

Oh boy, hope this stuff all clears up by Batch 3. I’m over here having to wait until September…

Yeah. Good point. Although, one month isn’t too bad. I found these guys in Feb, and would’ve given my money then. :grin:

Seems mine is delayed too. I got my shipping notification this morning, and it originally said delivery 8/8. Now FedEx is claiming it’s “Potentially delayed” with a delivery of 8/10. :frowning:

Been a while since I’ve seen FedEx ship anything this slowly…Framework must have used the budget option.

On the contrary it’s been a long time since I’ve had anything shipped with FedEx arrive on time. Mine still isn’t delayed but I wouldn’t be surprised if it does get delayed once it starts the long journey to the west coast.

1 Like

No more waiting for me, Windows installed in minutes, after installing memory. HD, and Wi-Fi cards.
Now downloading Ubuntu 21.04, since it seemed to have the least reports of issues.
Will probably install that on the 250 expansion card.

Thanks to the Frame.work team.
First impressions, it compares well with my daughter’s 2020 MacBook Air, last Intel version.

4 Likes

Got mine yesterday. Never saw a shipping notification, just the note that it would probably go out Monday. And, wonder of wonders Fedex not only buzzed our apartment, but the guy actually waited until my wife made it downstairs to hand it directly to her!

Spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to upgrade from Win Home to Win Pro. Wouldn’t accept the activation key I bought. Finally got it working after a botched attempt to reset Windows failed…but then reset the license from Home to Enterprise…and then would accept my Pro key. In the future, it would be nice if you could get the option for Pro without having to spring for the most expensive configuration.

I know the feeling. I also cannot wait. Suppose to ship this month but haven’t heard anything yet. :stuck_out_tongue: Only paid deposit so far.

Well, it arrived today as promised by FedEx. Installed SN850, RAM, WiFi without issues (though those antenna wires are fiddly!) and up and running with Windows 10 with no issues so far.

The keyboard is fantastic. The touchpad isn’t the best, though it’s not bad at all. But I’m really enjoying using it. :slight_smile: Great work.

Looking forward to that ethernet expansion card!

4 Likes

Any update on batch 2? I’ve got school starting next week and was hoping it came before then. I can survive without it but it would make it tons easier! I’m super excited no matter when I get it!

2 Likes

@Benjamin_Andersen I’m in the same boat, but at this point it realy looks like Batch 2 won’t be shipping until September.

@Benjamin_Andersen Most of the Batch 2 talk is happening over here:

1 Like

I received an email confirming that they’re prepping to bill and ship batch 2. We’ll see how quick that is, I have a trip coming up labor day weekend and I’d love to have my computer before then

I should have placed an order when I first heard about it from LTT channel. I was hoping apple would recall 2017 macbooks pro over display cable. Now lawsuit over this issue got thrown out I can’t in good conscious sell macbook to anyone and instead going to trade it back to apple for a gift card. Hopefully it can hold on for just a little longer.
I am very excited about Framework laptop and most likely will buy v2 as soon as it comes out and pass v1 to a family member.