Intel 12th Gen Batch 4 guild

I don’t think you have any reason to worry here. Mine also took a while to be cleared before it reached the FedEx Hub in Köln. Keine Sorge. Nur ein bisschen mehr Geduld :D.

1 Like

@yetiman_64 thanks for letting whoever it was know! :pray:t2:

1 Like

You’re in Australia, yeah? Out of curiosity whats the main advantage of the UK keyboard for you?

Welcome to all the non-aussies in the guild, btw! I hope your laptop is delivered the correct way up :wink:

4 Likes

I’m a Pom

I’ve been using Australian/American keyboards with Windows keyboard language set to English, but there are a few keys I just can’t find which make some programming hard - for example, \ has vanished, and | requires a few extra key strokes.

I also do a lot of work around economics, so £ and € easy to get at is nice.

4 Likes

How’s that even possible? You don’t see them on your keyboard?

1 Like

France is where the pallets of FWs come in for Europe, so if it’s in France it’s more than likely that one laptop out of the whole pallet had an issue, so it will not be RTS as there is going to be between 100-150 laptops.

I see them on my physical keyboard (American English) but because I tell Windows to treat it as a British English keyboard, I have to do Shift + Ctrl + Alt to get |, if I do Shift + key-marked-as-|, I get ~. I’ve actually just found \ (CTRL + ALT + key marked as ). That key normally gives me # or ~, which is not what’s marked on it!

Maybe I can swap to American English now I’ve found my missing characters…

If you’re using Windows…and if you have set your keyboard with additional locale…then It’s just a matter of pressing Ctrl-Shift to switch between the different layouts…and therefore character mappings.

e.g.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I sometimes end up doing - it would just be nice not to have to!

By swapping to American English, I meant ordering an American English keyboard rather than a British English one.

So I see someone else with an ISO keyboard in AU is still waiting for details on their order… Man I really wish it would hurry up lol!

2 Likes

The first batch 4 shipment to Australia just got a tracking update as being in Sydney :smiley:

3 Likes

The only good thing about not being in this shipment is I wouldn’t have been around this weekend to set it all up… but still no update on when mine will be moving to the payment stage due to the keyboard variation.

Yes, I was very happy to see that as well earlier this afternoon. :smiley:

4 Likes

Looking at the tracking spreadsheet, it seems like the US gets shipped to last. E.g. I see that people who ordered a few weeks after me but are in Germany or the UK have received at least their initial shipping notice which I have not. Anyone have a clue as to why this is? (This is even considering both of our shipments being DIY i5 and selection of expansion cards being identical)

1 Like

Hello there.
As mentioned either in this thread, or previous batches’, I would not look too much into this.
If anything, a few batches ago, some people where pointing out the inverse trend, namely that US / Canada were shipped before EU ones.

Ultimately, the data in the spreadsheet is not exhaustive to make strong conjectures, as not everyone who orders adds entries. Also, not everyone who adds their entry comes back later to update it, and so on.

In any case, best of luck for your order, hopefully you won’t have to wait for too long.

3 Likes

Just got the FedEx text saying it’s coming today - I’m in Perth, surely not.

Edit: Just looked at the tracking info. It’s here in Perth :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Mine just arrived (I’m in Melbourne). :smiley:

8 Likes

Beat me by mere minutes! Mine’s just got here, Happy Framework Day :partying_face:

5 Likes

So what was the time from payment to arrival for Australian orders?

2 Likes