Internal eDP 40pin self-test pin connected on display side?

Foreword
New here - sorry if there was an already existing thread which this could add to. I read through many of the posts but did not feel that they were appropriate places to ask this.

Context

The pinout here for the display side shows pin 22 to be a self_test pin, but the pinout on the board for the display interface does not show a reciprocal self test pin.

Background

I am trying to get longer version of the Framework 13 eDP cable custom-made for a project, and was trying to navigate the pinout diagrams. However, I was not able to locate where the self-test pin connects to.

Question

Does this pin 22 on display side get connected on the mainboard side or is this a no connect?

2 Likes

FYI, this is close to impossible for anyone except companies and very expensive.

1 Like

I am sure this is what OP asked for.
Anyway, I guess asking them for a sample might work:
https://www.micro-coaxial.com/product-detail/edp-to-dp-cable-embedded-displayport/

Thanks for the heads up @Josh_Cook - aware of the costs and working with a rep. Hence the question :slight_smile:

@Ddd I am actually look to keep the form of the cable the same as the one Framework has on their wesbite - just make it longer. Just wanted a comment on whether the self check pin connects on the other side or not.

If this is not clear, I am happy to rephrase!

1 Like

Still looking for a response on this - does anyone know someone in particular from the team or otherwise who would be able to help?

Hey @nrp sorry to drag you into this, but I am still looking for information on this. Any idea where I can get information about the self_test pin?

Thanks!

“Bump” messages with no other content do not contribute meaningfully to the conversation and will be removed, per the community guidelines. The original message, and the replies to it, have been removed.

5 Likes

Thanks for the callout. Any idea how I can get my question answered by the team?

Try reaching out to support.

2 Likes

If you get something from support please post, been trying to find a display to replace the FW13’s display with and all information is useful.

Heard.

1 Like

I am pretty sure this is NC, but will double check.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the answer and would love the confirmation.

++ for the others: I did end up contacting support. They needed some sort of confirmation of order, which I didn’t have because I bought mine used. I offered my s/n and they went with it. I appreciated that they continued to answer my question, especially since I did Frame it as a project rather than “necessary maintenance”. It’s somehow refreshing given the alternatives.

This is with the assumption that @Kieran_Levin’s answer was prompted by support - they said they would ask the team. He seems like time.

1 Like

Confirming Pin 22 on the display side is NC

2 Likes