Looking for DP Alt-Mode Specifications

Hey all, I dunno if my Google-fu is lacking, but I’m trying to find information regarding the DisplayPort version used by the DP alt mode output by the Framework Laptop 16 mainboard and the Radeon RX 7700S Graphics Module. I’ve been looking on the main product pages but there’s no information regarding the specific DisplayPort version, only that it’s DP Alt Mode via USB-C.

For context, I’m trying to convert either the DisplayPort expansion card or the USB-C port from the graphics module via a Club 3D CAC-1085 to an LG CX OLED TV on Fedora 39, no proprietary drivers installed. I’ve got the expansion card plugged into slot 2 or the graphics module to the adapter, neither will show up on output. I’ve attempted different USB power sources: USB-A expansion card and power bank; still no luck there. Restarts and logout/login also don’t help. However, when I do use this Nekteck adapter and the Club 3D adapter, I do get a signal at 4K60, as expected.

I guess the question is: is my Club 3D adapter compatible with USB-C DP Alt mode or am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance and I’d be happy to help with troubleshooting.

@the9thdude
Here is an email I got from framework support on the topic. If you go to the various links in my post you will get all the answers you need.

1 Like

I appreciate it. The thing is that my adapter is an active adapter and should be able to take a DP 1.4 signal and convert it to an HDMI 2.1 signal, as that is what I was able to get from my 6800XT + OLED when I used it as a monitor during the pandemic, though I was never able to get VRR to work at the time and haven’t tested it again recently. In your thread

I can also verify that the DisplayPort expansion card is working as normal as I was able to convert that to HDMI via a Club 3D CAC-1070 without any issue so my issue is different from your own :frowning:

Spec sheet states the iGPU supports DisplayPort 2.1 : AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840HS | AMD