LTE Cat 4 Cell Modem Card

Battery life and latency.

1 Like

It’s integrated, realistically that’s about it.

I’ve just received the quote back from Quectel, I will be able to sell these for 100USD with free postage, and if you had emailed or PM’ed me you should be receiving an email soon regarding your options for purchase.

If you wish to purchase one via Stripe you can do so directly through this link:
https://buy.stripe.com/bIY4hi8zg8xM6Y05kl
For people wishing to purchase via PayPal, send me an email or a PM with your PayPal address/username, postal address, phone number and email and I’ll send you an invoice through.

8 Likes

This is really neat!

Wondering if it’s convenient if you would happen to have a specs summary along the lines of Tim Taylor’s OP in this thread? For instance to verify the degree of assembly that’ll be required, that it takes a nano-SIM card, which bands it’ll support (we can look up which ones the wireless service providers support on our own I figure), what type of antennas we would need to get for it, and if it ought to work with common Linux distributions?

Apologies if this was posted already, it’s a long thread and you are a prolific poster, or if some of this should be implicitly obvious (I’m not very well-versed in wireless tech at all) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no clue what module Tim Taylor used, but to answer the other questions, these will be fully assembled, takes a nano-sim, you can find information on the bands on the manufacturer’s website, The models being used are the EG-95AUX, EG95-NAX, EG-95EX (Model selected by which country the unit will be shipped to), Antennas will be internal and I’m making it a similar size to the Ethernet Expansion card. Linux compatibility is guaranteed by the manufacturer

https://www.quectel.com/product/lte-eg95-series

7 Likes

Well, I’m sold!

Any estimate on a shipping date for the first run?

I love the linux compatibility here

Modules have been ordered, prototype PCB will be ordered shortly, I should have a prototype within 2 weeks, so probably 3-4 weeks assuming the prototype works.

2 Likes

I might have to order one of these …

1 Like

Oh I’m in. Ordered through this link. Let me know if you need any more info.

1 Like

Just letting everyone know that if you wish to be in the first batch you have till 11:59 pm (AEDT) on the 25th and anyone who has ordered one should receive an email confirming that you are indeed in batch 1. If there is still interest/orders after this date putting you into batch 2 which should ship approximately 2 weeks after batch 1 where I will move into having modules in stock and ready to ship.

2 Likes

Just over 12 hours till the cutoff.

1 Like

Could you send me a render of one of these modules? Im looking to get one of these along with my frameworks 16 order in may.

1 Like

No renders are available at the moment.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, when should we expect to receive emails?

1 Like

I have a couple questions,

1. does it use an esim?
  2. I assume it uses external antennae that we must source ourselves?
  3. is it just the antennae that sticks out unlike the ethernet module?
  4. 3d printed module casing?
1 Like

Some of these questions are answered in Josh’s previous comment: LTE Cat 4 Cell Modem Card - #186 by Josh_Cook

• takes a nano-sim,
  • Antennas will be internal and I’m making it a similar size to the Ethernet Expansion card.

With internal antennas, we’re likely to see a compromise to connectivity performance. It would be cool if it’s possible to optionally use an external antenna.

2 Likes

Roughly 8 hours from now.

2 Likes