LTE Cat 4 Cell Modem Card

SIAP: Per the above link - at least for the USD $ option

“Orders will open sometime in August.”

Awesome. This community draws engineering talent.

Best of luck with this JE & company!

A clarification, the first batch will be EU only, however we will likely bring sales to the USA within this year :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Jacob_Eva_LES Hi, i went to visit your website and the OpenCOM LTE is listed as coming soon, do you have a date or just an idea of when it will be ready for purchase? And what about an estimated price? I really love the project and would love to purchase the product as soon as it is ready

Hey buddy. We have a big announcement coming soon regarding this, so stay tuned :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks bud

cant wait! customer service on just a shirt so far has been amazing so ill for sure be buying one on release. since youve just released renders of the pcb so far, are we going to get photos or sizes for the card? id imagine itll be a larger card like frameworks ethernet so i cant wait!

1 Like

Likely larger with the antennas. This won’t be something you can leave plugged in.

Id expect as much, I can’t imagine there’s too much that can be done about idle drain on something like this

Yes :slight_smile:

The antennas are removable for this very reason, however I would not say it (the card) is something cumbersome to leave plugged in!

4 Likes

We are now selling our initial openCom LTE prototypes on our store, we will also be accepting pre-orders if these sell out for the first batch of production (which will be Europe for now, apologies).

5 Likes

Any estimate on when this will be available to order / pre-order in the North America region?
Also, the LTE card looks awesome.

We will open a form soon on our site to register interest for a USA variant.

1 Like

We are now accepting pre-orders for the USA!

8 Likes

Does this card have the software support to send and receive SMS messages?

Yes. In Windows your carrier will likely have an app to interact with the card to do this, and in Linux it is possible with mmcli and likely other programs too.

2 Likes

All the prototypes have sold now, now we wait and see how the Europeans like them :wink:
Pre-orders are still available for both continents.

2 Likes

Are you making a 5g module also? Why was 4g priority?

Might have something to do with being easier, cheaper and more available.

3 Likes

5G modems are extremely expensive (£200+) and have heat dissipation issues also unfortunately.

3 Likes