Memtest86 & Screen Resolution

Ran a full memory test using bootable USB: https://www.memtest86.com/ , but was not able to validate the results as the screen was not fully readable.

The screen resolution and the placement appeared to be off the center and into the right lower corner, mostly not comprehendible:

• The application window was positioned in the right lower corner
  • The application window was not fully visible nor was it centered
  • The application window is only visible 1/4 of the window, the rest is off the screen.

Can someone test this as well? I don’t believe this is just me.

Cheers!

As the display is 3:2 there may be issues. Would need someone else to test it. Can you provide a screenshot with the issue and memtest’s settings?

You are spot on, I actually managed to interrupt the auto-start of the test and navigate to settings and manually change the resolution. Once changed to either 1920x1080 or the native 2256x1504, the test screen now displays it properly.

Good call on the settings.

4 Likes

I doubted myself, but since the resolution is different and unique quite a big possibility.

2 Likes

It’s the same for me with the current version of MemTest86. Changing the resolution fixed it as well.

1 Like

Pressing the ‘e’ key and changing to 1920x1080 using the arrow and enter keys also worked for me, but is still off-center. I will try the native resolution next time.

1 Like

PassMark suggests that this is a firmware issue, and further recommends purchasing the configurable version of memtest86+ to remediate it. If it really is a firmware issue, it may be worth pursuing a fix on the Framework side.

2 Likes

Im having the same issue , is there any update on this?

You can interrupt the auto-start of the test and navigate to settings (or press ‘E’) and manually change the resolution.

Once changed to either 1920x1080 or the native 2256x1504, the test screen will display more or less properly.

The following worked for me: Booting memtest86, going to config>settings (same as pressing ‘e’ key)>resolution 2256x1504. I’m on on BIOS v3.06. I found that setting resolution to 2256x1504 at least centered the output on the screen for me.

Also saw the same thread by passmark as the one mentioned in the post I’m quoting. Is this a firmware bug we have to worry about if booting other operating systems?

Batch 8, BIOS 3.07, same issue. Changing the screen res within memtest settings made everything visible, thanks community!

Thank you very much!!!
If not your help, i will deleted the memtest86!
Its screen diskplay mode is too bad, only saw partial screen, body text cannt be saw.
After pressed the “e” key, i can change the display resolution and language, then full screen displayed and seem normal, is so well!

1 Like