Now available for pre-order in Australia

Today, the Framework Laptop is available for pre-ordering in Australia, with shipments starting in October. Launching in Australia continues our global expansion as we work to reach as much of the world as possible with our mission to remake consumer electronics. We now have ordering open in: Australia, US, Canada, Ireland, Austria, Netherlands, UK, Germany, and France.

To place your pre-order, you only need to put down a $100 fully-refundable deposit. The configurations available in Australia remain the same, with three pre-built options with Windows 11 and the Framework Laptop DIY Edition that can be configured with up to 4TB of storage and 64GB of memory, and no OS pre-loaded so that you can bring your favorite one. Weā€™ll be opening up the Framework Marketplace in Australia around the time laptop shipments begin. In the meantime, you can sign up to get notified when Marketplace items come into stock.

If youā€™re outside of the regions we currently support, you can help us prioritize our international rollout by registering your interest on our locales page. We received a huge number of requests to expand into Australia, which emphasized the importance of opening up ordering there.

For more detail on the recently launched Framework Laptop (12th Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢), we continue to see amazing press coverage and reviews, like these from Luke Miani, Ars Technica, and PC Mag.

The 11th Gen Intel Core Mainboard Price Drop

Since Mainboards with 12th Gen Intel Core processors are now available in the Marketplace, we have decreased the price further for all remaining inventory of Mainboards with 11th Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ processors, with total discounts of up to 33%.

If youā€™re looking for inspiration on how to use a Mainboard, either from the Marketplace or left over after a Framework Laptop upgrade, weā€™ve seen some incredible work coming out of the community over the last few weeks.

Framework user whatthefilament used his Mainboard to make an awesome tablet that has garnered a lot of interest from other members of the DIY community. Check out his feature in PC Gamer. You can pick up whatthefilamentā€™s design files, and the open source reference designs weā€™ve released on GitHub.

10 Likes

Ā”pĒŹ‡į“‰É”xĒ os ÉÆɐ I Ā”ooM

14 Likes

Amazing! Love that our fellow outbackers can now enjoy the bliss of owning a Framework! :blush:

4 Likes

INSERT EXCITED EMOJI HERE! My order is in, deposit is paid, wake me up in October

6 Likes

Why those aholes in Oz and not us in NZ? Our country is better

So happy to get my email this morning; Thank you for adding Australia.
My order is in and Iā€™m looking forward to October and the unit shipping.

Cheers, yeti.

1 Like

Well I know what Iā€™m gunna buy next

1 Like

Any idea where in the queue is the Iberian Peninsula? Iā€™ve been waiting over a year and Iā€™m already giving up hope of ever buying one.

2 Likes

Maybe because you speak like that about your neighbours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just about here.

Waiting for the announcement that you are in New Zealand

1 Like

I was so pleased to get the email this morning. My order has been placed! I 100% support the Framework laptop!

5 Likes

Not going to lie.
Iā€™m far more interested in the marketplace being open than laptop pre-orders.
Lost my sale when you went 12th gen (because of W11 requirements) and the lack of a full size SD card reader.
Also had to replace my home laptop earlier in the year anyway.

After about a year of watching and waiting, Iā€™ve finally been able to order a Framework for myself! My old little laptop here is definitely on its last legs (with a frustratingly non-user-serviceable battery) and Iā€™d almost given up waiting. But so glad I did hold out for the freedom to update and fix and clean etc. Very much looking forward to October delivery!

6 Likes

I learned about the Framework laptop only recently and was disappointed when Australia wasnā€™t supported. Put my name down for the newsletter/waiting list and who knew that only a week later Australia opened for pre-orders! Little more hesitation and research on the internet why I should not upgrade my 2011 Macbook Pro to the latest one (thanks Louis Rossmann), I found myself to have put down the deposit. While waiting for the shipment, I am trying to make up my mind if I should go with Fedora or Ubuntu.

3 Likes

@Elmo

Choosing an OS is always tricky :grinning:.

1 Like

I didnā€™t even know this was here. I was so keen when the email came through. We needed power, and weā€™ve been waiting. And waiting. And got the 16" announcement. And waiting for that preorder. Keen as beans.

1 Like