1165 DIY. Sorry for those who didn’t get a shipping e-mail…guess I’m feeling slightly special?
Oh Framework Support must think I’m a moron. I wanted to forward the e-mail to my brother but hit reply intead and added “Eeeeeeeee!” Now there will be questions…
I guess I am special.
just got my tracking number. arriving sunday. 1165g7 diy preordered sep 7.
I wasn’t expecting it to ship this fast :0
I’m really curious as to when I may here something considering that I just bought mine yesterday. Good thing being is that I got a unit available in the October batch. Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 vPro® Storage: 2TB - WD_BLACK™ SN750 NVMe™ Memory: 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3200
Yeah, mine says Sunday too. Here’s to hoping that we have better luck than the people over in FedEx woes and bumps in the road.
Greetings my fellow batch 4s,
My DIY i7-1165g7 order was placed on Sep 3, just shipped today, and is expected to reach me by EOD Saturday! As others have mentioned, I wasn’t expecting such quick shipping, so I had to instantly order my SSD and RAM of choice, which is such a nice problem to have. I can’t wait to get a Windows, Linux, BSD multi-boot setup rolling on this puppy. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their shipping confirmation, I hope it comes soon!
I haven’t even been charged yet, what kind of sick game are you playing framework?!?
Canadian looking forward to the DiY i7-1165G7.
- Order confirmation on September 15.
- Preparing to ship on October 4.
@suderman I’m in the same boat. i71165 ordered on 09/22, “preparing to ship your batch” 10/04, and now waiting…
I’m so excited though.
Delivery Date 10/8
Ah well… Nothing yet… Happy for all of you bastards that already have your gear going your way…
Me… On top of the waiting for mine, I’ll have to wait for the forwarding company to process it and send it overseas to me…
It’s the waiting game!
20 Sep: Ordered (specs: i7-1165G7 CPU, Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro, BYO SSD and RAM, 1x MicroSD, 2x USB-A, 2x USB-C, 1x 1TB, and charger)
4 Oct: Get excited after seeing the “Preparing your Batch” email in my inbox.
7/8 Oct: Get nervous after seeing the i7-1185G7 is still available for Batch 4 and reading those might be shipping ahead of the 1165; email to try upgrade CPU. Justify it with “if I can upgrade and it ships sooner, then it’s $400 rush shipping!”
…this is not helping my insomnia…
Word of advise: Buy only if you really need it. I am always failing at doing this lol… But you know… Keep it cool don’t rush it… Good things come at its time.
In Batch3 someone reported that their bank declined the transaction but they were able to work it out with their bank.
So the FedEx adventure begins… I live two hours away from where it’s shipping from, and it’s already moved from delivery today to delivery tomorrow because of an “unreadable label”
My batch 4 1165 is already shipping, it will come soon friend
Yeah, I’m of the mind that you get extremely diminishing returns within a processor generation by going with high end models. Unless you have a specific use case or need a laptop immediately probably best to save your money.
Admittedly I’ve been daily driving an old 2 core 4 thread for ages so anything is an improvement.
I went with the 1185G7 model for pretty much the same reason as @Monger3170 when I bought at the end of September…I needed something and wanted to get it before November. But I agree, from what I can tell the return on investment for the 1185G7 is pretty low compared to the other i7 processor (unless you need vPro)
I’m starting to get itchy over here! I ordered on Sep 22, so I expected a late October shipping date but now I’m getting hopeful that it’ll ship much sooner.