October/Batch 4 Thread

I ordred an i5 on Sept. 4. Got preparing to ship email yesterday.

3 Likes

Brant, I see that you ordered the 1165G7 with the AX210 vPro. I suggest looking into whether or not the 1185G7 chip is required for vPro functionality. I suspect it is, but have not independently confirmed.

3 Likes

Got mine today, all is well.

3 Likes

I got my preparing to ship my order email yesterday Oct 12th and got charged today Oct 13th. Ordered a DIY i5 on August 6th.

2 Likes

Ordered Mine on September 21st.
Got the preparing to ship your batch email on Oct 4
Have not yet received an email about payment completion yet.

I’m very curious about their fulfillment order strategy or if one of my options is slowing the process for my order compared to more bare bones orders.

I actually didn’t even order this for myself, mine is a laptop to provide to a new employee. I’m excited to eventually replace all our employees laptops with frameworks so that I can fix parts and order replacements for broken parts rather than having to drop $1k+ every time an employee spills a coffee or drops their laptop. It doesn’t happen that often with how few employees we have but it still adds up.

8 Likes

I got the prepared to ship yesterday (10/12) and finally got the shipping confirmation today (10/13). Woohoo!!

7 Likes

Just checked my email and to my surprise…here it is

Alright FedEx…time for redemption…you say by Friday…let us see.

5 Likes

I received mine today! YAY!

5 Likes

I’ve been doing some math myself around that and figured out that it seems absolutely random.

At the moment seems that orders to the 16 (???) September have been fulfilled, with some exceptions around of people that got their stuff sorted well in advance.

I’m questioning this a lot to be honest and I don’t really understand how it takes more than 10 days to go from the “preparing to ship batch” to actually ship your machine.

Guess I’ll wait to see where this goes now…

2 Likes

Mine is Batch 4, i5 DIY, ordered Sep12. Hadn’t received an email that it was shipping or charged as of yet. Hopefully mine gets it tomorrow.

1 Like

My guess it’s not so much the date, but more likely based on inventory levels.

3 Likes

From what I have seen here so far (not too many data points, but quite a few), it seems like the mid-tier i7 orders till Sep 17 or so have shipped. The i5s seem to be lagging and I am seeing order dates from August and maybe early September? The high-end i7 seems like a $400 expedited shipping option (probably unintentional but makes me a bit salty for not going for that). There’s one guy here who ordered on Oct 6th and already got it shipped.

4 Likes

Such an exciting game we’re playing eh? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My mid-tier i7 was ordered Sept 15 but still hasn’t shipped.

Credit card was charged the full amount two days ago, seemed imminent, but still lacking that final “shipped!” email with the tracking code. Sigh!

4 Likes

Got my shipping soon almost the same time my cc app dinged to tell me the charge hit my card! Order went in Sept. 17th.

3 Likes

Just got charged/shipping soon email.

6 Likes

Order Shipping Soon Email - (Oct 14)
Credit Card Charge - (Oct 14)

Now just waiting for actual shipping!

3 Likes

Update!
Mid-tier DIY i7

• ordered Sept 18
  • Preparing to ship Oct 12
  • Shipping soon Oct 14

:grin:

4 Likes

Same here!! Just got the email this morning

1 Like

What’s the longest someone has had between their card being charged and receiving their “shipped” email?

1 Like