October/Batch 4 Thread

I just got the shipping soon email for my i5 DIY that I ordered on 22 August. (And the charge just showed up pending on my card.)

1 Like

My fellow B4s,

Here’s another update on my order.

• 8/20 - Order placed
  • 10/4 - Preparing to ship your batch
  • 10/12 - Preparing to ship your order
  • 10/14 - Your order is shipping soon (Balance charged)

Specs of my order:

• DIY i5
  • Non-vPro AX210
  • Type C Card x 4
  • Type A Card
  • HDMI Card
  • 250GB Storage Card
2 Likes

Got a shipping update…it’s in NC currently. It’s only 8 hours away but yet will take 48 hours to get it into my hands. If I could, I’d make the trip right now and still be home before the scheduled arrival with a ton of time left over. :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging:

Well, I have left the September boat. Hope you guys get your machines. This feels like history is being made.

2 Likes

Received my i7-1185G7 DIY model today and have it up and running! I’ll piggyback on @Fraoch’s first impressions post when it comes out. Overall very positive though, it’s an awesome little machine!

1 Like

Why wait? ;D

First impressions!

1 Like

I think it’s a two-way queue; 1st is the order date, 2nd is the CPU. When I sort by order date, the i5s are ahead of everything else in terms of first ordered (makes sense), but there are i7-1165G7s that folks have confirmed receipt of while i5s that ordered the same day are still waiting for that “We’re about to charge you soon!” email.

Rough counts so far (not an official roll-up):
38x i5-1135G7 (4x rec’d, 7x on the way, 10x charged but waiting shipping email)
40x i7-1165G7 (5x rec’d, 5x on the way, 9x charged but waiting shipping email)
8x i7-1185G7 (5x rec’d, 2x on the way, 1x fella who hasn’t followed up)

3 Likes

i5 B4 update checking in!

• Sept 1st - Order
  • Oct 4 - Order prep email
  • Oct 12 - Shipping prep email
  • Oct 14 - Card charged email
5 Likes

I couldn’t be more excited, here’s to hoping I have good luck with FedEx. I hope you all get your laptops soon!

4 Likes

Update: card was charged 14 Oct at about 9am. No shipping confirmation yet, but I’m assuming it’ll be here 15 or 16 Oct.

3 Likes

Oof, I must’ve been tired because I missed this completely! Will follow up when I have a moment with my thoughts (many are along the same lines)

3 Likes

Another i5 data point incoming:

Ordered - 7/31
Preparing to ship batch - 10/4
Preparing to ship order - 10/12
Card charged 10/13
Order shipped - 10/14
Expected delivery date - 10/16
Arrival date - not soon enough

Shipping from NJ to GA

10 Likes

Just curious.
What day of the week and time do you get your “order shipped” email?

Thursday (10/15) at 7pm EST for me

There’s still hope that it will ship today for me :smiley:

3 Likes

Yesterday at 5:49pm EST for me

Crossing my fingers for shipping today

2 Likes

Me too. I’ve been checking my inbox over and over hoping I’ll see that email show up.

3 Likes

Lol. Been doing that since lunch time. Just checking the inbox, this forum and Reddit.

3 Likes

I have a feeling it will be next week… For my i7 I mean… Just a hunch…
Lets see…

5 Likes