Portable 3D printed expansion card holder

This is pretty cool, but why does it have that extra block on top? Also appears the notch for the screw driver is filled in for some reason:

I love the expansion for the ethernet… so, how about a 4/5 BAY that uses the extra space from where slots where the ethernet card isn’t to hold the framework screwdriver? That would be awesome!

I think the extra block on top is an error. I sliced it off in the slicer (lol) before printing. And yes I still need to grind out the screwdriver notch…

It’s a support enforcer when slicing with Prusa Slicer to print the overhangs correctly ^^ It is a bit tedious, but was also the easiest to print and design

I never used prusa slicer before, wasn’t aware support needed to be baked into the model. I use cura and it will add support for me, which makes it easy to remove. The way this model has blocks filled in, unfortunately, messes it up in the slicer I use. Nice work on the model, but it’s not usable for me in this state.

The USB-C holes ended up being a bit too small when I printed this. Any recommendations on the best way to open them up? Careful Dremel work?

Properly calibrate your printer and reprint. I use an Ender 3 and after all the standard calibrations (tightening belts, wheels, and calibrating extruder), I still need to set Flow rate to 85% in order for it to print things in the proper dimensions.

1 Like

Seriously, thanks for this. I can’t wait to print this when my FW16 arrives!!

1 Like

I added the link to the model to my upload via OnShape :slight_smile: Feel free to make any adjustments

Oh, I did not know that other slicers would just add this support enforcer as a block to print :see_no_evil: I updated the files to include all STL as standalone downloads! Happy printing :slight_smile: