Real GPU power possible?

I love the framework concept. AMD power is a super welcome addition as well. But a laptop is pointless for me with out real gaming power. I can’t be the only one wanting this kinda power in something like framework. Streamers and travel gamers alike.

1 Like

you may want to look at the page for the 16" Framework Laptop that was just announced earlier today…
https://frame.work/laptop-16

4 Likes

Or if you are impatient, a regular eGPU that many of us use today.

2 Likes

Might not fit his / her needs. “travel gamers” was mentioned.

Unless you were thinking something like this…but with the eGPU enclosure:

4 Likes

I had not seen anything on the 16. That looks promising for sure. I am definitely going to share that info with some others that would be interested.
Thank you.

As for externals they were an option I was considering but a 16in is far easier to deal with travel wise, space wise, power wise… Not quite as bad as the meme but yeah…

1 Like

@Second_Coming @PointBlankMFR I mean the video is funny, I’ll give you that but my setup fits in my backpack. It isn’t light by any stretch of the imagination but yes, you can travel with it. I took it to my in-law’s house just last weekend like that. So I suppose it depends on where and how you plan to travel. If carrying for short distances, it suffices.

2 Likes

You can travel with an eGPU, but it’s not convenient. I wouldn’t set up a Dell DA-2 and an enclosure in a coffee shop. If you’re in a hotel for a week and need productivity/compute/gaming power for that time, sure. Packaging is a concern because if you knock one extremely tiny component off of your GPU, you might brick it entirely.

Framework 16 will likely solve this issue.