Recommended laptop bags / cases / sleeves?

I’m interested in getting a CushCase sleeve but they don’t ship to Spain :frowning:
Does anyone have recommendations or a positive experience with any package forwarding services?

No clue on package forwarding, sorry.

But cool, they actually have a Framework 16 sleeve set. Neat that they actually have a set, including seems different sizes for graphics module or not.

Yes, a have the same problem

Just got an LTT backpack for my birthday and hoping it’ll fit. Hopefully now that people are starting to get their hands on the FW16, we’ll see more people posting what bags they’re using.

I messaged CushCase; they told me that a lot of their customers have been complaining about extra charges from customs and delays in shipping. I thought the extra charges would be obvious, given it’s a product imported from outside the EU. But I have had issues with goods coming in from the UK, customs in Spain are awful slow.

They did say they could enable it on request, but be ready to deal with customs and pay extra.

I’ve also been on the lookout for backpacks, and I think I’ve settled on the Router from North Face. Good room and protection for the laptop and compresses down well when it’s mostly empty, so it’ll be fine to take it on planes and such.

1 Like

dbrand has skins already available, ill probably end up getting that if nothing else.

Weird, I did not run into any issues with customs. I’m in the mid-west USA.

Yeah this is specifically an EU problem. The EU made importing things from outside the EU a lot harder. You also have to pay VAT plus any customs charges.

Customs being slow is specifically a Spain problem. I haven’t lived in another EU country to know whether it’s any different. But the fact some of them are still in their shipping options probably means other countries are better at it?

At any rate, other EU buyers should take that into consideration.

Out, sorry to hear that. It’s a Brexit thing, isn’t it?

Not really. There’s special arrangements for goods from the UK (and there’s no restrictions with Northern Ireland because they’re treated as an EU territory); that much is from Brexit.

The VAT reform is what should have been the case, where sellers don’t charge you VAT and you pay the VAT in the country that you are importing to. Unfortunately not everyone has updated their stores to manage that properly. But this applies to all goods, even within the EU.

As far as importing goods from outside the EU (including the States, China, etc), the bad part is customs being super slow and pretending like it’s your fault they’re so slow (I have not had a good time talking to them over the phone about packages that have been stuck with them for over 30 days). If the government wants to look over things and make sure I’m paying the appropriate tax, that’s fine, but don’t make it actively painful. Staff your services adequately.

1 Like

Any recommendations for a bag that can be purchased at Amazon that would fit the FW16 with dGPU, power brick, expansions cards, bay shell/removed dGPU, and other laptop accessories?

Looking for a good tech bag for the laptop along with a travel router, external HDD/SSDs, flash drives, a some tech tools (cable tester and tracer, screw drivers, pliers, etc).

If it can fit another smaller laptop and tablet, it would be nice. I have a NexDock lapdock to use as a portal KVM for headless servers or as a second monitor.

Looking for Amazon because I have gift cards I can use.

Thanks.

PS: I saw this, and was wondering if there were other choices. Kinda like this one because the straps look like they can handle a lot of heft and abuse.

EDIT: Pulled the trigger… Hopefully I’ll like it. :slight_smile:

FYI I received the CushCase laptop sleeve and it’s quite nice and high quality. I’m in the continental US and didn’t have any customs issues.

That being said, I cancelled my Framework 16" pre-order so I’ll be using the case for another laptop instead.

:saluting_face:

I feel like I’m going crazy. I thought my requirements weren’t too wild but apparently I am wrong.
What I want:

• sleeve style, no full-on bag. I plan on carrying the FWL16 in my backpack, but i want protection from the other stuff in there and from bumps
  • “vertical” sleeve, so I can pull the laptop out of my backpack without having to take out the actual sleeve
  • simple closing mechanism (zipper, magnets, velcro, no stupid rollup stuff) for the same reason as above
  • an additional compartment for expansion modules, mouse, etc would be nice
  • needs to ship to germany
  • below 100€ (total price) would also be nice

well then, Targus only has “horizontal” sleeves, cushcase doesn’t ship to germany and waterfield is quite expensive without even having additional pockets.
I think i looked at every link in this forum and searched on amazon and google, does someone have some other brands/stores/tips where i could look?
(obviously I found some results, but they either didn’t fulfill all criteria, or where sketchy in some way)
Maybe I’ll have to compromise on the vertical part, there seems to be a great variety of horizontal bags for some reason.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

can anyone help me find any sleeve that fits this as perfectly as possible? The laptop fits nearly perfectly (with some wiggle room) in my 30L Peak Design everyday v2 laptop compartment so I want a sleeve that would allow it to still fit in that pocket.

Edit: I am not sure if the cushcase one would be too thick so I am mainly looking at just laptop sleeves on amazon

Edit 2: I have this case for my old laptop and am temporarily using it. It perfectly fits the laptop but doesn’t close because the laptop’s length is a bit too high (barely goes over the zipper) and even in this sleeve, it still fit in the laptop compartment.

It arrived, and wow, it’s a big bag! I tried to put the CushCase I got into it (which should be roughly the size of the laptop) and it barely fit in. Mostly because it’s compressable right now without a laptop.

I slid the packaging that the dbrand skin came in to stiffen up the CushCase, and it’s definitely a tight fit.

I hope the real deal will slide in just fine with the CushCase on.

Are there anyone here with the laptop + dGPU with this book bag that can confirm?

I did some measuring and the tough part will be the 29 cm opening. The laptop’s with dGPU length is slightly bigger than that (290.20 mm) so the thickness of about 21 cm will be the deciding factor if the laptop sleeve compartment will expand a bit to accommodate the laptop.

Of course this means the laptop with the Cushcase won’t fit for sure. The cushcase may only be good if I want to carry it outside of the bag OR in the bag but not in the laptop sleeve compartment.

The orange interior makes me want the orange bezels and accented pieces for the FW16, so maybe in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got my CushCase in the other day! Really helped to get an idea of how big the FW16+dGPU is. Slightly less wide than my current laptop, but much longer (MSI G75 Stealth). Unfortunately, it also doesn’t fit in my laptop backpack that I’ve been using for years! Oh well, guess I’ll need to look at some of the suggestions here for something new.

I went through this finding a sleeve-case for the 13 that could accommodate the ethernet adapter being in at all times. I ordered two of the same thing in different colors to make sure I wasn’t crazy, and the black A13 was smaller than the gray A13.

Looks like its time to abuse Prime again to see what color/model can hold a FW16 + 7700s + Ethernet, there’s enough gravity in this thing I don’t like it “loose” in my backpack.

It’s only the dark-blue one with the luggage strap, which is big enough. On (german) Amazon, it’s also on sale atm (22,49€).

Since the Ethernet expansion card is mostly plastic, I’d take it out for transportation, though there’s about 3cm space on the sides (357mm laptop, 390mm inside bag).

The bag is here already, I was able to confirm the dimensions, but I’ll have to wait for my FW16 quite a while.

I’ve got an older revision of the smaller version of this bag, and the laptop fits in the sleeve with just the expansion bay shell just fine. Granted it’s an older revision, but I’m guessing the newer revisions probably didn’t make the laptop pouch any worse. I did try fitting it with the GPU installed, and it’s actually not that far off from fitting so I suspect that it will fit in the larger version just fine (though I am interested to see the results because I’ve been considering getting it though taking the bag as a personal item on flights is really where my concern with it is)