Recommended laptop bags / cases / sleeves?

I’ve got an older revision of the smaller version of this bag, and the laptop fits in the sleeve with just the expansion bay shell just fine. Granted it’s an older revision, but I’m guessing the newer revisions probably didn’t make the laptop pouch any worse. I did try fitting it with the GPU installed, and it’s actually not that far off from fitting so I suspect that it will fit in the larger version just fine (though I am interested to see the results because I’ve been considering getting it though taking the bag as a personal item on flights is really where my concern with it is)

Alright. American Amazon, ymmv.
The objective is a snug, but not annoyingly tight, fit for a FW16 + GPU + Ethernet

The tomtoc “A1-E103G” for 16" M1/2/3 MBPs with listed dimensions of 14.01" x 9.77" x 0.66" is a no go in both dimensions. American Amazon item B01HCF15HC

The tomtoc “A14G1D1” for Razer Blade Pro 17 etc doesn’t list internal dimensions, but it does fit. Caveat however is that front to back (palmrest to gpu port in back) is pretty tight and you have to grab the thing to slide it out. Holding it up in the air theres enough friction to get that slow slide like Ubiquiti and Apple boxes, if you’re into that. Hopefully the internal padding squishes down a bit. There appears to be enough room on the sides of the laptop to probably put an Ethernet on each side (please dont). It only zips open on the right side and has a lot of extra material for a paper pocket in back and a pretty serious pouch in front, I estimate you can fit a Nintendo Switch and a Framework 13 side-by-side. It barely fits into my backpack, which doubles as an overkill weekend/carryon bag. Amazon item B0C2YW88SZ.

Not in love with it, but it’s better than rattling around with everything else.

1 Like

Have you received your Framework 16 yet? If so how does this bag fit with the gpu attached?

I’m batch 5, so no, sorry.

I would recommend Mapbagrag (website only in German) from Austria, they are producing (among other things) build-to-order handmade laptop bags out of “Tyvek”, a synthetic material with paperlike properties, but at the same time being resistent against water, oil and tearing. The bags are available in a whole array of interesting motives and colors, and they ship to most of Europe.

I love the description for these!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, they have a great range of colours too. Anyone who buys one let us know how the fit is ( I’m in batch 6)

Was the website shown natively in English on your end, or did you translate it after the fact? Just want to make sure I didn’t tell an untruth about it only having a German(-Austrian) locale.

The bags are tailormade, as stated underneath the motive selector, where you’re supposed to type in the specific model and build year of the laptop intended for the bag, so there shouldn’t be much of an issue, the exact dimensions of the FW 16 (and 13) are well documented and should be easy to look up, when they calculate the measurements of the bag materials. Otherwise you’d very likely be able to request a better fitting replacement, if their “first try” wasn’t on point yet.
I speak from experience, my smartphone bag (haven’t ordered a laptop bag yet) from them had a differing, less attractive motive than what I thought I’d get according to the motive selector, and got a free replacement (me sending the first one back), and in the end they even refrained from charging me the originally announced shipping fee for the second delivery.

G’day, it was my Google browser set to automatically translate! Will check it out again when Batch 6 ships!

• Checked their shipping info page, no Australia yet, but worth a direct enquiry.
1 Like

i just grabbed one of these basic bags from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CH4DD82J?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I bought this for my FW 16. I make a cardboard cutout and it fits with the GPU. I’m in batch 7, I’ll take pictures when I put it in my bag. Let me know if any of you try it out.

BERTASCHE Laptop Bag 17.3 inch for Men, Laptop Case Computer Bag for Work Business Trip Laptop Carrying Case w/Shoulder Strap Grey https://a.co/d/eJBV8Ub

Has anyone tried it on the LTT backpack?

I don’t remember who, but I remember seeing someone try it and it’s such a tight fit that stitching variations from unit to unit determine whether it’ll slide in or not. But I could be mistaken.

I have. It fits with the GPU installed, but it’s tight. I’m not shocked that they say the variation from bag to bag might be enough to make it not fit. It definitely doesn’t slide into that spot without a bit of force. I’m hoping it’ll stretch a bit with use.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone noticed, but for the DIY/sewing inclined, the wax paper sleeve that your Framework 16 ships in is a perfect template for a sleeve. I’m gonna try making one this weekend with some old t-shirts just to have some protective layer between my 16 and the rest of my bag contents.

8 Likes

Thank you! i hope mine fits even if its a bit streched. I also got the dGPU

1 Like

I’ll have to see if it fits in my LTT bag as well (also have the dGPU). I’ve got a while to wait though, I’m in batch 17!

This was my plan… I hadn’t thought to use the sleeve though, great idea!

1 Like

Lol! same i’m in Batch 17 too

Lenovo Select Targus 16" Mobile Elite Backpack. It just fits with the dGPU attached.

6 Likes