[RESOLVED] 2nd RAM module do not fit or is it really to insert upside down?

Hello,

I have received my Framebook 13 and have a problem installing my second RAM module. The first RAM module on the right side can be installed without any problems (according to the instructions).
But not the second module. If I would turn it around so that the chips are facing downwards, then it would fit. But if the chips are facing upwards (as I know and as it worked on the right side), then it doesn’t fit because the slot doesn’t match.

Am I making a mistake or is this a construction/design error or should I really have to install the left RAM module upside down (chips pointing downwards)?
If I really have to install it upside down, won’t there be problems with cooling?

Here are the key data:
(1) Notebook: Batch 10 of Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series)
(2) RAM module for notebooks: Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz (CT2K16G56C46S5)

Here an picture:

Thanks in advance & best regards
Robert

P.S:
I live in Germany, can speak English but not very well, so I hope I was able to describe/formulate my problem well.

Hi Robert,

one of the modules is rotated. The only thing you have to worry about is aligning the cutout on the RAM stick with the nose on the slot - and if the RAM slides in without any/with very little resistance, you’re good to go!

1 Like

Hi chrisp_chicken,

thanks for the fast answer, but I am not sure if I have understand it correct.

You are saying I have to rote it, so that the nose have to match with the slot. To make it clear, with “rotate” you mean turn it upside down, so that the chips on the RAM module point downwards to the ground & not upwards to the keyboard!?

Best regards,
Robert

1 Like

Yes - you just need to turn it whichever way faces the slot.
Usually the RAM slots are symmetrical - the keys in the slots are at the same position on both sides.
This, however, means that one RAM module will be flipped - upside down.
On RAM modules that are only populated with chips on one side, this means that for one module the chips face up and for the other they face down.
That’s completely normal.

I’ve just seen the attached pictures and that looks correct.

1 Like

OK, I will do.
Thank you very much & have a nice weekend!

1 Like