[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

That IS sharp! Makes me wish I’d have chosen red since that’s my favorite color!

5 Likes

Hey Framework team! How about a completely red case some time in the future? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Johnny_B thanks for sharing the photos. Definitely reaffirms my choice of getting the red bezel. It looks great!

2 Likes

The red bezel looks really sick !
Beautiful machine :blush:

3 Likes

@0xFF It’s been awhile since I’ve run MemTest so I can’t recall what it shows, but are you mainly hoping to see what the computer/OS is currently reporting the timings to be set at?

If running Windows, one option would be CPU-Z for that info.

Here’s why they don’t use dyes when anodizing. Awesome concept, strange execution - #6 by Poyu_Chen

2 Likes

@Eclectic There is also the option that you buy a skin for your Framework laptop from dbrand. Red is also available.

1 Like

The start guide isnt kidding about long boot times after installing ram.

It took almost 2 minutes of the power light being on but the screen being black when I tried to boot ubuntu from usb, i got nervous that my laptop was broken :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

FedEx has delivered my parcel when I was out to “someone” but it is not my neighbours nor my caretaker. And it’s seems to be signed by myself …
I guess my FW13 has been stolen then … :rage:

I’m now waiting for FedEx investiguation. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Oof that sucks. General PSA for anyone that has FedEx as a carrier is they increasingly ignore signature requests and scribble it in themselves. Last time it happened they didn’t even bother ringing the buzzer to confirm I was home. :expressionless:

Best to hold for pickup at a FedEx center if there’s any uncertainty as to whether you’ll be home and vigilant at the time of arrival.

3 Likes

The time of arrival was initialy for wednesday. It was still the case yesterday night.
This is so frustrating…

1 Like

Someone reported on reddit that the Crucial memory kit works.

6 Likes

Thanks for the head’s up… Link for those that are interested:
https://reddit.com/r/framework/s/QAYHfyOzKV

Too bad they didn’t link to a product page. I could be very wrong, but it seemed like it was easier to find 32 GB kits. 64’s were harder to come by.

2 Likes

DBrand might have something for you. They have clear color skins

1 Like

They’ve added it now! https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/comments/173uu28/comment/k45dqrd/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The product page is https://uk.crucial.com/memory/ddr5/ct2k16g56c46s5. The part number is CT2K16G56C46S5.

So sorry to hear this, especially after ~6 months wait :cry:

Although it’s not on them, I’d contact Framework - they need to be aware of this.

4 Likes

FedEx shows my laptop is in my city and is supposed to be delivered within the next 2 hours (On Time). However, it is not showing that it is Out for Delivery yet.

FedEx is horrible. They can move cargo around the world, but then they screw up on the final delivery. I have had problems with them in the past. I am sorry for what happened to you. I hope my laptop arrives at least some time soon.

Update: My laptop arrived from FedEx with 8 minutes to spare. FedEx did a good job for me this time.

7 Likes

They set ridiculous performance targets for their drivers, who in many locales are employees of B-list local “contractor” companies, not FedEx. This is the case in my area. On the whole I don’t put this on the drivers, it’s the FedEx C-suite that’s done this to fatten their stock-price-pegged awards. UPS on the whole haven’t, and the difference in reliability, at least where I am, shows.

Would be eager to know by folks who have shipments in transit, especially in the US: Can you ask for a hold for you to pick up in the FedEx depot, by yourself as the recipient on the FedEx website/app?

Last time (gen 11 shipment), the FedEx Ground shipping (presumably part of the logistics/fulfillment bundle FW was/is using) would not allow for that by the recipient. I had to contact FW support and ask them, as the shipper, to request a delivery to an alternate retail location (Walgreens pharmacy) to try to avoid delivery shenanigans and porch pirates.

3 Likes

Kingston CL40 Kit seems to work

Maybe someone can run Superposition in 1080medium/high/extreme with a slower memory kit to compare?

16 Likes

Kewl!

2 Likes