[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Nice high level overview.

Just a note on the possibility of WiFi incompatibility (mentioned in the video) in case anyone is curious. While not impossible, generally speaking there is nothing in the FW laptop to suggest one cannot install any WiFi M.2 A/E key module, be that Intel, MediaTek, or otherwise. They should all work with the correct drivers.

And neither are there any limitations on the AMD side of things. I have an AM5 desktop and I run an Intel AX210 wireless module, partly because Intel wireless support on Linux is basically plug and play (on Windows too). No issues whatsoever.

I’ve not had previous experience with MediaTek chip, it may be that the new RZ616 module is just as good and plug & play (otherwise FW wouldn’t have chosen it).

I think it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but Intel AX2x1 (and I think AX4x1) adapters won’t work in an AMD system. They offload some of the work to some hardware that only exists on Intel CPUs (and yet the adapters themselves aren’t really cheaper than their complete AX2x0 counterparts - $1 lower MSRP, with street prices often the same - funny how that works).

1 Like

My frame.work is already in Cologne, after flying from Taiwan, to the Philippines, to China and then France.

I have some hope it will arrive earlier than Wednesday!

4 Likes

That’s correct, but this is because the AXnn1 adapters use the CNVio interface (Intel proprietary), even though they also happen to use the same M.2 connector. The AXnn0 series use the PCIe/USB interfaces (i.e. standard NGFF). They’re functionally equivalent.

There’s currently no AX410 (NGFF) module available from Intel.

1 Like

My frame.work is out for delivery in Germany :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same here. Really excited!

1 Like

I’m incredibly jealous
but also incredibly happy for you guys

I so badly hope mine ships this week. I leave for overseas on the 17th and time is ticking. but since yours are coming so quickly it gives me hope that even if mine ships on Wednesday or Thursday it’ll still arrive on time.

wish me luck, fellow batch 1ers. enjoy your laptops! think of me when you turn them on :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I remember that feeling from last time…

1 Like

batch 1ers are ride or die

Batch 2’er here + 1st time Framework purchaser. How much change, (ie: improvements, tweaks, updates, etc) if any, is there between batch 1 & any subsequent batches?

P.S. Watching with excitement for those batch 1’ers already confirmed!

It’s silly, but I got a red bezel for my framework to go along with switching it over to “team red.” I was a bit worried that it would be distracting to be anything but black, but it’s not. I like it.

2 Likes

Pictures please :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine just arrived :tada:, i’ll test and report back if the memory sticks i sourced myself seem to work :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Mine arrived at 1 pm CEST :slight_smile: downloading Win11 and Fedora 39 Beta right now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sure!

I think the red accent when the laptop is closed is great.

26 Likes

All I want to know is… can it run rocket league on ultra using proton :nerd_face:

4 Likes

The Kingston Fury KF556S40IBK2-64 i ordered seem to work just fine so far at the proper speeds 5600mt/s, running memtest on it now to be extra sure :slight_smile:
Not sure how to check the latencies though …

15 Likes

That IS sharp! Makes me wish I’d have chosen red since that’s my favorite color!

5 Likes

Hey Framework team! How about a completely red case some time in the future? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Johnny_B thanks for sharing the photos. Definitely reaffirms my choice of getting the red bezel. It looks great!

2 Likes