[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

IIRC there are both XMP and non-XMP modules from Crucial at 5600 so sku is probably necessary to distinguish and get proper info.

1 Like

Sometimes they screw up and mark the wrong package delivered. Fingers crossed it’s something like that!

Do you have cameras at your delivery location?

If your package was stolen, I hope FW included enough insurance to cover the cost of a replacement. I don’t recall seeing that as an option during order creation, and its definitely not free.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how we are supposed to be able to tell really.

The only stick I asked specifically about was the 48gb CT48G56C46S5 which doesn’t mention XMP/EXPO anywhere on the page or specs, and the only speed mentioned anywhere is 5600Mhz.

Crucial support said it would need XMP to achieve 5600 and that it would run at either 5200 or 4800 but they couldn’t confirm which speed it would be for the AMD framework.

1 Like

Anyone happen to have a WiFi 6E access point? I noticed the framework ryzen wont use the 6ghz band in Ubuntu.

1 Like

Is that the KF556S40IBK2-32 kit?

1 Like

Yep, its this one Kingston FURY Impact SO-DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR5-5600 ab € 115,89 (2023) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

1 Like

I also tested my 6850U Rembrandt to compare the GPU Performance…

2982 to 3529 points

I also tested AIDA64 Memory Benchmark

4 Likes

Anyone in the UK been charged yet? Im still waiting for them to take the money!

Ordered a DIY Ryzen 5, no SSD

Yeah that was the case. I just got my Laptop ! Pfffeeewwww I was so nervous.
I’m still shocked that Uber Eat is more secure to get your food than such deliveries by FedEx. They really should use the same code exchange logic rather than a signature that anyone can fake.

15 Likes

I’m glad you got your laptop !

2 Likes

I’m in the UK.

Charged on Friday, Laptop arrived Monday, I ordered as soon as orders opened though. I’m writing this post on it.

DIY 7840u with no ram or ssd.

This is the ram i’m using (2 sticks of): https://www.ebuyer.com/1615656-kingston-fury-impact-16gb-5600mhz-ddr5-cl40-sodimm-memory-kf556s40ib-16

Seems to work perfectly at stated speeds.

1 Like

Hmm well thats good they are being sent. Maybe they have not sent any 7640U versions just yet. Hopefully they charge me today!

IT ARRIVED! This day will be so unproductive at work! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m really hoping tomorrow is the day the next batch goes out.
you guys need to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

1 Like

I think a lot of people in batch 1 haven’t even been charged yet, myself included.

folks got charged and then shipping started very soon after.
I haven’t been charged yet either. but I’m feeling good about tomorrow.

1 Like

Let’s see where things stand… We could count the posts, but I think a visual representation would be helpful.

To ensure the results are not skewed, please please only participate if you are in Batch 1.

Payment

• Payment completed
  • I am still waiting to be charged

0 voters

Shipping Notification

• Shipping notification received
  • I have not received a shipping notification

0 voters

Delivery

• Delivery completed
  • I have not received my delivery yet

0 voters

For those who participate, if you wouldn’t mind returning to update your answers as your order progresses (tap “Show Vote” and then “Remove Vote” to reset the form), that would be appreciated by those who are still waiting.

10 Likes

Out of curiosity, has anyone opted for memory modules from FW and, if so, what make/model do they show up as? I remember reading somewhere that the FW modules might be Crucial, though I wouldn’t be surprised if multiple manufacturers being used.

2 Likes

They are made exclusively by Adata. Most likely they’ll show up as Adata modules.

4 Likes

This is going to be a long shot, but has anyone tried this kit yet?

Crucial RAM 64GB Kit (2x32GB) DDR5 5200MT/s (or 4800MT/s) Laptop Memory CT2K32G52C42S5
https://a.co/d/byUPqQe

I wanted to take advantage of the Prime Day in July sales event, but I have a feeling I won’t be able accept my kit if they only run at 4800 MT/s.

Now that are some “known working” modules, I am thinking of selling my kit on eBay. I doubt I’ll break even, but I should recoup more money if they are still unopened. I’m still coming out ahead on the WD 4TB SN850X I picked up for $233 (after tax and cash back), so at least there’s that.