[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

It suddenly turned into being delayed and now it’ll be delivered tomorrow. This can’t be good…

1 Like

Oh no I’m sorry to hear that :disappointed:

It is “as deep as oled” because his laptop does not turn on. It is truly as deep as oled.

4 Likes

Hopefully you’ll have a better time! In my case it was because the deliver managed to think he was in the right street but was in fact two streets over…

mine arrived, 96gb of ram were accepted fine but sadly the 4tb lexar nm 790 pro is not recognized in the frame.work, but works in an external usb-c → nvme enclosure… guess i have to clone my other 4tb ssd to this one and then swap… even though i picked the lexar because of it using little power… the wd 850snx is not really a downgrade, though :wink:

What OS are you running?

Yay mine arrived!

14 Likes

Kick me while I’m down why don’t ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

apparently there is some issue with this specific drive and it is only supported starting with kernel 6.5.5(!) … the drive didn’t work in my other pc as well, at least not under linux… the fedora live usb i have has 6.5.2, and the pop-os one 6.5.4. apparently some old lts might have worked as well.

with an archlinux live usb with kernel 6.5.7 the drive shows up…

1 Like

I look forward to seeing your setup tomorrow!

Install went smoothly for me hardware wise. I figured I would see if Ubuntu would take to the new processor and so far its working without a reinstall. I followed the ubuntu kernal update instructions and for the most part things are working. I had to restart a couple times to get wifi to connect and It seems firefox causes the system to stutter for reasons unknown but pretty much everything else just works!

2 Likes

fedora nightly installation worked. started digging into thunderbolt, but so far the first dock tried (asus simpro 2) only works partially, with not display output… two more to go, or the hunt for a suitable “usb-c” dock begins anew…

Yeah, that Lexar drive uses a Maxio MAP1602 controller that Linux has problems with. There is a patch submitted in September that would make it work if you have a new enough kernel version (or apply the patch yourself in a custom kernel): [PATCH v2] nvme-pci: add NVME_QUIRK_DELAY_BEFORE_CHK_RDY for MAXIO MAP1602 - Felix Yan

apparently my Fedex package arrived in Winnipeg 30 minutes ago, and it’s a 2.5 hour flight from there to here, and they say it’ll arrive before an hour and a half from now, not too confident mine’s getting delivered on time even though Fedex still says it’s on time lmao

Edit: Apparently Fedex closes at 8pm, so it’s still reasonable to come today, I just got confused because they said “Before 5pm”, but that was just the estimate not the closing time

1 Like

Anyone else still chilling in Anchorage on a clearance delay?

4 Likes

Yes, still chilling in Anchorage as well…

6 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

:person_raising_hand: right here

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to post!
Sounds good that you upgraded without a hitch

1 Like

Yup, sounds like there’s a bunch. Life would be boring if it went smoothly. >_<

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen, @TheTwistgibber Presents:

4 Likes