[RESPONDED] AMD Ubuntu 22.04 FW 13 stuttering / freezing / unresponsive

FW13 AMD Ubuntu 22.04 BIOS 3.03 and kernel set originally according to the setup guide.

Yesterday got the laptop out after 5 or so days of not using it and continued as normal - ran some updates, started installing Unity and Git etc. Normal things. But three times the laptop became unresponsive, it would hang, the mouse wouldn’t register, very slow. I started checking on community and often the fix involved changing the kernel (or someone that hadn’t changed the kernel during setup). I noticed on reboots that I was now getting this message:

A newer OEM D kernel is available than what is set in GRUB. Click here to learn more.

If I run uname -r I am on
6.5.0-1016-oem

Is this correct?

I am using 6.5.0-1018-oem .

I addition I set UMA_Game_Optimized in the bios.

Works very stable.

Yes I actually already did that I seem to remember as I was getting the white screen flickering issue previously on both Fedora and Ubuntu

Do let us know if it’s still happening after reboots :slight_smile:

I do also experience some slight stuttering of the mouse under Ubuntu 22.04. I’ve followed all instructions to a T and I see that, especially if the laptop is in power saver mode, under wayland the mouse loves to stutter around.

I understand that low power means I might run into hitches like this, but under similar work loads using Xorg, the mouse stutter is nonexistent.

Loving my FW13 so far though!