[RESPONDED] Microphone not really working

Likely they have a standard procedure to test from manufacturer distant to manufacturer caused, following a decision tree, that is not a learning system.

Such a procedure needs constant (automated) monitoring for the frequencies of found failure causes, and move tests for these causes forward. Thus skipping tests that ultimately would lead there eventually anyway reduces consumer/client frustration as well as support costs.

However, a young company can not set up everything perfectly at once, so I’m willing to concede them some slack for their first 1…3 years (depends how quickly issues become visible and how easy it is to change SOP).

Ran into a similar issue. I found my microphone worked depending on the angle of the screen. Clearly seemed to be an issue with the cable at the lid joint. Same behavior in Windows or Linux. Lots of testing with support and they came to the same conclusion.

Unfortunately, the laptop is 2 years old and out of warranty.

What’s worse is that the cable is not available for purchase.

So I had to buy a whole new lid. What a waste! $100 after tax and shipping for a $5 cable. Definitely not the Framework experience I was expecting when I bought it.

sigh
Brian

2 Likes