The schematics have been finished kinda, The PCB has been made (see photos below), and the chassis has been 3D printed. Just note that this is an early prototype version of a scroll wheel expansion card (roPlug V0.0.1a)
, and requires a USB-C to USB-A adapter to work. Update: fixed the circuitry and now works without problems!
RoPlug is an enthusiast-made, highly configurable expansion card that is powered by an ATMega32U4. This means that this card is essentially a configurable mini arduino fitted into the form of a framework expansion card! Although it’s possible to do arduino tasks, like blinking an LED, or buzzing a speaker, the main focus of this card would be it’s ability to run the QMK framework with a rotary encoder (aka rotating knob)!
As mentioned above, this is a prototype, and does not work as expected 100%; so as a result, I’m selling this with the cost of BOM materials at a loss. This now works 100% after the fix, but I’m still selling this at a loss, but I’m open to other options.
- Assembled PCB: $25 each +shipping
- Assembled PCB with encoder soldered: $26 each +shipping
- PCB only (no components): only 1 available : $20 +shipping
- encoder: $2.5
- Comes with 3D printed knob
- Choice of soldering or no soldering to the board
- Not selling individually
- 3D Printed chassis: $4
- Comes with a spare chassis per board purchased. eg: 1 board : 2 chassis, 2 boards : 4 chassis, and so on…
- The size is double height: the same height as the TALL SNACK by @XenoCow
- 3D chassis STL + blender file: $8
- I only have black at the moment.
- Pre-flash QMK config with your choice of keyboard function: $0 free
- Default configuration is at Volume up / Volume down
- A list of QMK functions can be found here
- examples include: Cut/Paste; VolumeUp/VolumeDown; MoveCursorLeft/MoveCursorRight; and so on…
The form will close once stock has been depleted, and I will send out a PayPal invoice afterwards.