September/Batch 3 Thread

I’m still waiting for the shipping notification too. They charged the rest of the amount due 3 days ago.

3 Likes

Same here @Ris
Config:
i7-1185g
No Ram
No storage
vPto WiFi
Accessories:
Charger
USB-C 1
USB-A 3

4 Likes

Order started shipping yesterday here! Should be getting it by the 30th

2 Likes

Shipped yesterday afternoon, got here today at 2PM.

Loving it.

Full timeline:

• Ordered August 16
  • September 21 Preparing to ship
  • September 23 Charged and shipping soon
  • September 24 Shipped
  • September 25 Received

The warehouse is just up the pike - thankfully FedEx didn’t screw it up on this one (though they did NOT require a signature, just dropped it at the door).

3 Likes

Oh lucky! I got the same timings except for it actually shipping haha

1 Like

@Dan_B Quiet Boot is when you just see the “Framework” splash screen during boot. If you disable it, then you get some text on the screen that shows the amount of RAM in the machine, etc. This is useful for some minor debugging, or just general info.

Also see this thread: Cannot load boot menu, laptop freezes

1 Like

thanks for the link and explanation
dan

I actually got a tracking number on Friday for my i5. FedEx says it’s supposed to be delivered today but the only update is a label has been created.

So either they have it and it has been moving towards me without updates (preferred outcome) or it hasn’t left the warehouse yet and FedEx put an arbitrary date on there even though they don’t have the package. The anticipation is killing me.

3 Likes

This is likely the case. Classic FedEx.

2 Likes

Yep, wouldn’t count on much FedEx* shows on their website.

Mine was supposed to be delivered on the 22nd according to them. At 5pm on the 22nd they decided there was no longer an ETA (“Pending”), but the original delivery date was the 21st.

No word until yesterday, when they said it would be delivered today - Sunday - by end of day.

This morning it says delivery tomorrow by end of day.

It also shows that it’s on a vehicle for delivery - presumably today, since I don’t think they drive overnight (but then, I didn’t think they worked on Sundays).

I just love concrete, accurate, consistent information, don’t you?

*Note that this is FedEx Ground, which is an entirely different puppy than FedEx Express. I deal with Express all the time and while they do screw up it’s nowhere near as much as Ground. Unfortunately they’re intertwined in people’s minds. I think Ground should change their name - it drags the reputation for Express down. After this I will never use Ground again if I can avoid it.

2 Likes

So close! I’m just glad it’s coming early this week though.

2 Likes

I got the order shipping in 1-2 days email on Thursday and my card was charged then. It’s been 4 days now. I can be patient, but with my card being charged it would be nice to get some more clarity on whats going on. Even an email saying they have been delayed would be fine.

7 Likes

Ordered on July 28th for Batch 3, i5-1135G7 model, AX210 Wifi, 2 USB-C + 1 MicroSD + 1 HDMI + 1 Displayport adapter.

Got the heads-up on September 8th, the “we are about to charge your amount” on Sep 21st, amount charged and got the Fedex Home delivery tracking # on Sep 23rd, machine made it to Fedex from a facility in Southern New Jersey (between Philadelphia and Wilmington DE) on the 24th, was received on the 25th. Machine assembled and working with a pair of DDR4-3200 32GB SODIMMs and an HP EX920 1TB SSD drive (purchased separately)
Dealing with firmware nonsense on Debian 12/testing at the moment, but so far, no issues.

3 Likes

@dkc Same here. Knowing how Fedex is, especially in my area, it’s definitely not gonna make it before my birthday in October even if it’s shipped today. I know it’s the weekend and most places don’t run at this time but I did kinda expect them to get the orders shipped Friday. It’s not too big of a deal since I can wait a few more days. Still would’ve been nice to have it earlier or at least know what’s going on.

3 Likes

I’m sure Framework likes to keep their workers happy with reasonable hours and I expect they’d pick a shipping/warehousing partner that would do the same.

Have you posted up in the Debian-based distro thread? No issues on Debian Stable here for me, though I did have to use a daily-build (current) installer.

Its here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Shipped Friday, FedEx dropped off around 4:00 PM Sunday. Assembly was super easy. I was worried about the wifi install but I had no issues with it. I like captive screws but sometimes we do not get along.

I let it charge fully, then unplugged it. Its still going like four hours later.

Love the keyboard feel. Its also super robust. Can’t wait for more cool stuff to attach!

2 Likes

Well FedEx Ground actually dropped it off today. Sunday. As my grandparents used to say: Go know!

Haven’t had a chance to spend a lot of time with it yet, and it’ll be a slow transition to my daily driver, but I’m happy it’s here and I’m really looking forward to a long and fruitful partnership!

2 Likes

I didn’t, but I am on Debian bookworm/testing, and the ISO that I used (the unofficial debian one that’s supposed to contain the non-free binary drivers) did not come with the iwlwifi firmware - that I had to grab from Intel. The ISO itself loaded the driver fine, but the actual kernel 5.10 install had a broken driver set (and no, adding the modprobe parameter enable_ini=0 did exactly nothing). To fix it, it’s just so simple as to pop the 5.14 kernel package from sid and install firmware-iwlwifi off the non-free repo (which also populated the bluetooth firmware and made it functional…well, kinda. I am running the MATE Desktop environment and that required me to install blueman). That took about 5 minutes to fix once I figured it out.

I got my DIY edition earlier today, it is super well built. Turns out most of why I like the touchscreen on my Lenovo Yoga was because the trackpad was terrible. I’m stuck with the activate windows watermark for now, I can’t access my windows license yet. Anyone know when I’ll get it?

2 Likes

Have you logged in to your Frame.work account? Not the community account.
You should see a download software under my account. The key should be there.

1 Like