Seventh update on Framework Laptop 16 shipment timing

i have a post-preorder framework 16 (ordered june 30 and received early this month) and i cannot get the keyboard to flex without pressing hard enough it’s physically unpleasant. it’s bordering on “i think i’m about to damage the device” pressure.

4 Likes

Do you know when that update might be coming?

really really soon!

6 Likes

how soon is soon? inquiring minds want to know

Emails should have been sent out today to all those affected.

1 Like

I haven’t received any email today :frowning: (I was on batch 1)
Could somebody share information how to get a repair kit? I saw it’s already should be available https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9X3f-VGBOfM

Hi Dmitry!

From looking into this with the team, we do see that we sent you this email and it shows on our end as delivered (did not bounce). Are you able to check your spam folder or search by the email subject of “Update on Framework Laptop 16 - Keyboard Deflection Kit” to see if you can find it?

1 Like

Replied in PM

FYI, (batch 6) did get the email today.

I’m probably going to sign up to get the kit. I don’t notice it (the keyboard flex) often, but on occasion I do.

so a bit belated, i put my attention on other things, but i purchased my fw16 after the preorder series completed (in july), and i do not seem to have pads depicted in the guide in my machine, nor did i receive an email about it.

it’s all quite confusing, and in particular i’m puzzled why there wasn’t a publicly visible post about the final disposition of this issue, given the visibility it had as one of the ‘obvious’ flaws, in the perception of some.

not that i thought it was a super big deal, personally, it just seemed like the kind of thing to apprise at least this span of the community on.

This is the installation guide: Install Keyboard Deflection Kit - Framework Guides

Most recent video we have shared about it: https://youtube.com/shorts/9X3f-VGBOfM?feature=shared

I believe we also reached out to the affected customers via email, not sure why you haven’t received an email if you do not have the kit in your laptop.

i figured it probably had something to do with being a post-preorder purchase with the international linux kb (so the kit might have been sitting on a shelf longer than one might assume)

someone on the fw discord dm’d me the form, and i did fill that out… should that be sufficient, or would it be appropriate for me to contact the support team?

I believe that should be enough but you can contact them if you have any questions.

1 Like