[Showcase] RGB LED Matrix Input Module

[pink face] umm, yeah, but I don’t hang out there either …

2 Likes

I eagerly await your RGB module.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I have created a Tindie product page for the module! You will be able to buy either the complete module or just the PCB.

Pricing currently is $70 for a single complete module and $60 for a single PCB.

Here is a preview of the page. It is currently awaiting admin approval.

I will post the link to the store page when it gets approved!

15 Likes

Shut up and take my money!!!

Joking, I think.

Very excited about this, and again, congratulations on the very cool project!

Have a great day, looking forward to putting in my order once the page is approved.

1 Like

Super interested in getting a pair of these! Please keep us updated!

Really appreciate the work you’ve done. You’re awesome!

Thank you!!

3 Likes

It’s awesome to see this. Great work getting to the first commercially available third party Input Module!

7 Likes

WE ARE LIVE! :tada: :tada: :tada:

7 Likes

Order placed!

1 Like

How can we know this is real?? /s (launching product on April 1st moment)

3 Likes

Has anyone even done anything with the non-RGB ones beyond Framework’s demo tools yet?

Aaaand…order placed :smiley:

1 Like

Might be a silly question, but how would you customize the colors & design? Does the online drawing tool work with it?

1 Like

The tools for the white ones actually have RGB controls. So I’m wondering it they already work with these.

1 Like

Currently, the online drawing tool doesn’t work with the module. It’s made for communicating with Framework’s module, which runs special Rust code on the RP2040 microcontroller. My dad and I are working on software that will let you control the module. I am also looking into integration with Windows 11 lighting control as well as SignalRGB.

But, the module is completely open source and you can program it using the Arduino IDE, MicroPython, or the Pico SDK. If someone wanted to adapt the Framework Rust code to support the RGB LEDs that would be amazing!

2 Likes

Well, it looks like Etsy has suspended my account. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am trying to contact Etsy to get this fixed. None of the orders that have been placed have been cancelled.

I suspect the influx of page views and purchases triggered an automatic suspension.

2 Likes

I figured, it’s too good.

2 Likes

Do you still plan to also list it on Tindie or will it only be on Etsy?

1 Like

Tindie wanted lower lead times than he was expecting because he doesn’t have the boards on hand yet, so he switched to Etsy but it’s suspended for the time being, I imagine it’ll only be a matter of time before it gets all cleared up.

1 Like

I thought I missed out on it… I’m glad to know it’s “only” a suspension.

Wouldn’t it be better to cut them out, and just use stripe-like service? I mean, you have marketing on the forum enough

1 Like

My Etsy account has been reinstated.

1 Like

I looked at using a stripe payment link. But I wouldn’t be able to set an order quantity with stripe. I could limit how many modules each person could order. But I couldn’t set a maximum stock for the link.