[SOLVED] A request for dark mode

Yeah, I’m aware. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, not for me.

Uh, the options to switch between light and dark are now completely missing. Stuck in dark mode with unreadable text because the thread listing still uses black text on a dark background!

Can this please be fixed

2 Likes

One must suffer for the dark mode cause. I may have started this thread, but dammit I’ll take my hard to read dark forums over the blinding light of light mode. I shan’t ever fall so low to willingly choose the light

(But you do what ever is most comfortable to you of course, this is just me)

2 Likes

Dark Mode was disabled for a reason and needs a rework, folks. Given the poor experience it provides, it will need to remain disabled for the moment. Thank you for your understanding.

And how can I disable it? @TheTwistgibber
I‘ve enabled it back in the days and it still is …

I believe your browser’s cookie manages the info of the dark mode of this forum. So, if you remove the cookie info coming from this forum site, you can reset the color. I would recommend using a browser plugin where you can remove only specific cookies instead of removing all the cookies. I am using the plugin Cookie Quick Manager (plugin link) on my Firefox.

1 Like

In your preferences, you should be able to select the “Framework Theme” as I’ve confirmed it is the default and is enabled as “selectable”.

I don’t have the option to select a theme.

Also deleting Cookies didn’t work @junaruga

1 Like

I’ll dig in tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

@TheTwistgibber no worries, it‘s not that big of a problem and only a problem on my phone (I‘m using a browser extension on Windows, so it’s fine)

Ah, okay. Right. Thanks for checking it. So, it seems the color theme data is stored on the server side. Users can’t change it by themselves.

It is done.

2 Likes