[Solved] Idea of a mod to have side LEDs nicer to the eyes' health

I’m exercising my choice to focus my energy elsewhere…lol.

1 Like

Ok, right haha ^^
Anyway, any time you feel the itch, and you have more time, I’ll be pleased to continue discussing the subject here.

1 Like

This actually made me lol.

So a solution I use is a strip of paper, 5mm wide by <1cm long tuck one end under the transparent light diffuser and the other under the black box with the FW teams names to secure the paper barrier between LED and diffuser, use tape if needed to secure paper.

1 Like

Well I can beam it directly at a light sensor in my phone and the screen will act as though it is a dark environment.

So it seems that even looking at it directly provides a miniscule amount of light.

Not that I wish to take over from Second_Comings arguments but this seems akin to the worry of 5G mobile frequency scares.

Sure there are no doubt people who have sensitive eyes, I wear transition lens continuously but a LED directed at 90° away I don’t see them.

As for orientating my head so that the LED is directed into my eyes, well that’s down to me not the LED and if I do want to sleep with it in that orientation on my pillow I can cover my eyes or the LED.

It’s almost funny but that sort of funny where it’s polite to laugh at another’s discomfort, not really funny at all, just very sad that you are or you foresee some suffering from positioning your eyes.

As I said - the extremely sad sort of funny :scream:

I don’t give up on the arguments but also won’t continue.

I hope you find an easy solution

All the best

@amoun Your light sensor will measure the total energy received, whereas it is the fact that it is highly concentrated in this small LED that is harmful. Also, the human eye is typically more sensitive than a smartphone camera in a dark environment, precisely because the pupil is then completely open to adapt to the lack of light.

Moreover my argument about the circadian cycles have been splendidly ignored. LEDs really do disturb it a lot, if of the wrong color.

Please don’t. Lol. Don’t compare that to the 5G craziness. On one hand you have EU recommandations that support many ophtalmologists associations which themselves warn against light from cheap blue LEDs. On the other hand you have a conspiracy theory supported by nobody serious enough. So, yeah, no thank you.

1 Like

@Usernames Thanks a lot!! There are two categories of replies lol, the skeptic ones, and the helpful ones.

1 Like

@Shiroudan ectool works like a charm and now I am delighted with the result!!!
The green light is beautiful and not disturbing any more :smiley:

This topic helped me a lot:

And the GitHub repo for ectool:

With build and usage instructions here:

3 Likes