Sometimes, every few seconds my Framework screen flickers when I boot into any Linux kernel 6, but in kernel 5 it all works fine.
- Linux Mint 21.1
- I have removed all Cinnamon extensions
- I have a dock (through a USB C) that has with one external monitor plugged into it
- I have another external monitor plugged into the HDMI port
- Neither of my external monitors flicker. Only the laptop screen flickers.
- I’m currently running kernel 6.0.7-060007-generic
- 12th gen Intel core processors
If I unplug a monitor and plug it back in, the flickering might stop.
First of: Welcome to the forums!
As for your issue, you can try this:
Panel Self Refresh (PSR), a power saving feature used by Intel iGPUs is known to cause flickering in some instances FS#49628 FS#49371 FS#50605. A temporary solution is to disable this feature using the kernel parameter
Yay! That fixed it. Thanks Anachron!
For the record, this is what I did:
- I edited /etc/default/grub using “sudo nano /etc/default/grub” and added “i915.enable_psr=0” to the end of the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line.
- I ran “sudo update-grub” to apply those changes.
- I rebooted
- I verified that
That’s it. Now I’m happy!