Suggestions on carry bag or sleeve

When you lift the pelican vertical what is padding the sides of your framework? Looks super padded when flat on a table like that, but doesn’t looks like it will be doing anything to cushion it while vertical. Your framework’s lid and sides will be absorbing all of the impact movement.

Or am I missing something and there is a padding ring around it?

In theory I would really like something like this, but at it looks here, I don’t see how this is actually protecting the laptop while in transit.

@2disbetter
Yeah, it’s super tight. It fits and is fine for carry on luggage and just looking hella cool, but I would not go dropping or tossing it around with clearance like that. :sweat_smile:
Maybe a size up or one of Pelicans dedicated laptop cases would do. :thinking:

1 Like

I picked up a felted wool case from a seller in the UK on eBay a few years back for my Chromebook Pixel and it was amazing, great fit for that laptop and felt like it was well padded and would avoid scratching quite nicely.

1 Like

I am having a hard time finding something that is padded but doesn’t add a TON of extra bulk to the laptop.

Has anyone found anything they could recommend?

@obfuscurity

I was wondering where you got the felt sleeve from? That’s more along the lines of what I’m looking for.

Thanks!

My go-to quick travel bag is this:

The Frame.work just exactly fits in the laptop compartment! It’s tight, but it works.

@obfuscurity

Great, thanks! I’m searching for something pretty simple and was really interested in the felt design. Good to hear that it’s held up so long too!

I ended up doubling up, actually. I got both the Tomtoc protective sleeve (quite beefy and VERY soft on the inside, BTW) and the Solo NY Duane hybrid backpack. I carry my old notebooks, an in-use field notebook, as well as several pencils, pens, a calculator, a compass, charger, and a few other things on me at all times - I’m a private tutor. So I put the Tomtoc inside the Duane’s laptop pouch and it fits perfectly. And the Duane is the only hybrid backpack I’ve seen that isn’t stupidly tiny and actually has some pockets in it.

Here’s the Targus Cypress 13-14:

It’s not snug at all, but it looks well made, it’s inexpensive and I can be reasonably confident that it isn’t laced with heavy metals since Targus is a reputable brand.

Follow-up on @ajgrf’s post regarding the Tom Bihn Cache 13C. Just received mine and it works great. As reported, a little extra room in length (about a cm or so), and just about perfect in width. Going to work great in my Tom Bihn backpack.

I’d say that if you have a Tom Bihn bag, this is the cache to get.

3 Likes

Tom Bihn Cache 13C

This one? Next batch is supposed to be in January though.

@mrwm Yup. Wow, those went quickly. It’s a small company, so sometimes keeping up with demand is a challenge. Worth it though!

1 Like

Hello everyone. My former partner was very much into Tom Bihn products. She was a full time digital nomad and they did hold up to 100% travel use for several years. Great American made small company.

@Ethan_Spoelstra thank you for posting about the Linedock. That’s essentially the thing I want to build into a shell/case for this machine.

Ferragamo? My dude, that is very nice. I was told Coach makes a great set of sleeves for Ipads. If this is for business, this would probably not be a reasonable and necessary expense as compared to a typical sleeve. Sadly I can’t deduct a Rolex anymore either.

Thanks everyone for the details. Helped me pull the trigger before I scratch this case. Now if the @FrameworkSupport guys will drop off the mesh or the STEP file of the case we can all make our own custom cases.

1 Like

I’ve been rockin the synapse 19 for nearly 10 years now! Its gotten heavy nearly daily use and its finally wearing out in the zippers. Its been nearly everywhere, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, bike commuting, traveling, days at the office, school. Lookin at that new 22 model maybe or another 19. Such a perfect bag.

1 Like

Heads up to anyone looking to get the Tom Bihn Cache 13C, they are back in stock as of this morning! I just got the alert email and ordered mine minutes ago.

Thanks to @mvw for the sizing info! Suggestions on carry bag or sleeve - #76 by mvw

4 Likes

I got that email too. Didn’t pull the trigger last time they restocked, but decided to go for it this time.

I got one from RedBubble. Although their “Macbook Air / Pro / Retina 13"”-size sleeve should be a tad too small (310x220x20mm) it actually fits very well. Only the width (310mm) is about 10-15mm larger than absolutely necessary, but not so much that there’s way too much space.
I’m very pleased with the result!

1 Like

I use this one from STM STM GameChange 13" Laptop Shoulder Bag (Black) | JB Hi-Fi Probably cannot get in United States.

I’m surprised as STM is an Australian company.