Switch to Intel wifi

I just read something about people switching to the Intel wifi for performance abs compatibility reasons with Linux.
Does anyone happen to know if there will be compatibility issues with the amd one included with this model?

From what I have read you are going to want an ax210 or ax200 to install in your amd framework. Those specific models are full pcie wireless adapters, compared to a few others that require intel cpus. I personally am going to be getting an ax210 as it supports wifi 6e (the ax200 only supports wifi 6).
I need an intel wifi card to get samsung quick share functionality on windows (basically samsung airdrop), and that functionality is very important for me. Hope this helps, can’t wait for my 16 inch.

1 Like

That’s very good to know. I use that on my current laptop and didn’t know that was a requirement for that to work.
The surface book is getting long in the tooth and looking forward to mine as well. Having a system that is fixable will be a welcome thing for me. Replacing the battery on the book was a nail bitter.
I was happy to see the updates on manufacturing email that came out with updates for what they are working on.

Do you use an actual galaxybook or did you do a workaround with a github script? I used the github script on my current laptop, but it has a mediatek chip, so no quickshare right now😟 I do get all the other functionality besides find my on it.

I’m assuming this is the card we are talking about?

AX210NGW WiFi Card, Wi-Fi 6E 11AX Wireless Module Expand to 6GHz MU-MIMO Tri-Band Bluetooth 5.3 Internal Network Adapter for Laptop, Support Windows 10/11 64bit, M.2/NGFF

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NSSJNV1/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2

I’m glad to have found this post. I’m not a fan of mediatek WiFi cards. Their quite unreliable in my very limited experience. I’m going to check out the cards mentioned here and maybe buy one depending how good the WiFi stability is on the laptop with the MTK card and linux. I do currently have an AX210 M.2 NGFF card but am not sure it’ll be compatible due to the WiFi card seeming to be a different form factor in videos? If it is compatible though. I’ll definitely install it

I would love to know if anyone has confirmed if the AX210 will work in the 16.

I can confirm it works in the amd 13 and that is a very similar platform.

In the same way I am pretty sure the be200 is also not gonna work on the 16 but would be curious if someone tried.

Has anyone tried Google Nearby Share for Windows on the FW? I’m new to Samsung but seems to do mostly the same and works on my current (super old) non-Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. I use it a lot and would like to avoid the need to purchase a replacement on day one.

Can confirm the be200 does not work. Prevents the laptop from booting entirely.

Not surprising but good someone confirmed it.

It will also hard crash the system if somehow connected after boot (via thunderbolt for example), the cpu and that thing really don’t like each other XD.

Perfect. Thanks. Going to order this now in prep for the FW16. Already have the SSD sitting here ready.

Wanted to add my experience with sidegrading my Framework 16 (batch 6) to the AX210. The stock RZ616 worked well enough, but it caused severe bottlenecking for other devices attached to the same Netgear MS60 mesh satellite. Below is a photo of the non-vPro card I installed, it was $10 on eBay. Both wi-fi and Bluetooth work well.