[TRACKING] FW13 AMD USB-A expanson card powers down (?) and does not wake up

I didn’t say it wasn’t a problem, just that it doesn’t appear to be related to the main issue discussed in this thread, which was confirmed by a mainboard swap which resolved the main issue.

I don’t know how to fix the error message, but it I also don’t see any side effects or issues caused by it. It might be a bug/quirk in the EC or the UCSI kernel module. Since the error message is easily reproducible on “supported” distros such as Fedora by simply unplugging and plugging the power cable, I’m sure the Framework team will have seen this at some point.

@Matt_Hartley as per my previous update, it looks like this was a mobo issue. Nearly 2 months later now with the new mobo and it all works perfectly with no issues. Do you think it’s worth marking this as resolved?

As for the ucsi_acpi error messages, just to give a final answer to @Nimrod_Hajaj as well, they appear to have been unrelated and have been resolved with the BIOS 3.05 update (also included in the ChangeLog). I’ve not seen them since I updated. In fact, my dmesg output is devoid of any errors, unlike my old ThinkPad which the FW13 replaced :smiley:

Finally someone who is (was) experiencing the exact same issue and even provides confirmation on the solution. @0xc0ffee thank you! I thought it was a software problem under Linux. Have opened up a support ticket with a link to this discussion.

2 Likes

I also have issues with the supplied 2.5g FW NIC adapter ; would be interested to see someone else who has it replicate

@Markus12 Glad this has helped, hope your issue gets resolved soon.

@jwp Could you provide a bit more detail on your issue and what makes the behaviour similar to what has been outlined in this thread?

So after almost a month of providing info, logs, photos, and videos of this issue occurring and answering some questions multiple times, Framework support was finally convinced that I was suffering from the same hardware issue as @0xc0ffee . They sent a replacement board which I installed and finally this issue appears to be gone.

P.S.: After doing a mainboard change, if the internal screen turns off shortly after showing the Framework logo during boot but can otherwise display the BIOS screens just fine, double-check the screen connector is properly seated on the board. Apparently I didn’t connect it fully and the screen was only able to display low resolution content. This really scared me at first into thinking the new board was broken as I would have expected the screen to fully work or not at all.

5 Likes